Heat Protectant.... which do you like?

AudraChanell

Heat Protectant.... which do you like and why?

What forms of heat do you use when you use heat?
What setting/temperature?
Any curl loss?

Nonie

John Frieda Heat Defeat spray and John Frieda Thermal Protection Serum

Why? Because since I discovered JF regular serum back when I was relaxed as a product that keeps frizz at bay, it has never let me down. And the protectant worked so well that not only did I not have reversion all week, but my hair didn't have that "pressed hair burn" smell. And my hair reverted fully the minute I shampooed it.

I use just a flat iron (Babyliss Pro Ceramic) first pass with spray protectant on hair ; second pass with serum protectant applied. I don't blowdry to stretch. I braid or use Curlformers to stretch.

What setting/temperature?

230 degrees C = 446 degrees F

Any curl loss?

Nope. My hair reverted fully.

DivineNapps1728

-The GVP version of PM Super Skinny Serum; I like it because my hair always turns out smooth when I use it & fully reverts back.

-After nearly every wash I blow dry on low to medium heat for stretching purposes; when I flat iron my hair I blow dry on low to medium heat then do one pass with my flat iron set somewhere between 365 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.

Any curl loss?

-The only time I had curl loss while utilizing this product is when I allowed my stylist to flat iron my leave out after installing a sew-in; he did use marcel irons & multiple passes though.

RainyDaze

-Beyond the Zone Turn Up The Heat Serum - It's very light, not sticky or heavy & smells yummy.
-I use it for blow drying & flat ironing. However, I don't use heat on my hair very often.
-I don't go above 370, when using the flat iron.
-So far, no curl loss.

Evolving78

Silk Elements (green bottle)
it doesn't rob hair of moisture. i do use a lot serums when i use heat instead of creams and moisturizers.

SEMO

Beyond the Zone Turn Up The Heat spray - light, non-sticky, allows hair to still have body
300 degrees (flat iron) after blow drying
Curls revert excellently when I use just that in my hair with nothing else

bride91501

Just used Fantasia IC heat protectant to blow dry, and flat iron my middle dd's hair. The flat iron was very hot, likely close to 400 degrees. I did 2 passes on her 4a hair. I was worried she wouldn't get reversion, but I did a good PT and lengthy DC beforehand, and another PT afterwards. Her hair *completely* reverted. No issues at all :)

This is the only heat protectant I've ever used, for mine and my dds's hair, and never had an issue.

Now, my oldest dd's godmother flat ironed her hair a few weeks ago with the same heat protectant, and she had damage (I've since cut it all out). So I do think prep and technique is important regardless of the protectant you use.

Angelicus

I like Aveda Smooth Infusion™ Glossing Straightener and Silk Dreams PRE. I do not know the temperature on my CHI and FHI flat iron but the CHI gets really hot. I have no curl loss issues after washing the hair.