Heat Damaged! Help!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
To celebrate 6 months of growth, I went to a hair stylist for color. Long story cut short, she did a strait style which turned out fab and I got a lot of compliments. After my next wash, I discovered heat damage. Some strands are half strait and curly. But since it is throughout, I cannot do a BC without serious loss of length. I will be doing Protective styles for the next year. Fortunately, I can still do some curly styles. So far, I am using Aphoghee Curly line and Dark & Lovely LOC products. This is the best I have until I find a more natural line to do the same thing. I clipped the more strait ends. I will be in flat twists until I can cornrow neatly or put my hair in a moisturized bun!

HaveSomeWine

I would do a protein treatment to see if that would help the curl pattern to return and just baby it from there on it. Incorporating light protein into your regimen may help as well. Otherwise you can only trim away the damage and wait for it to grow out. That is exactly why I haven't gone to the salon to straighten my hair. All it takes is one time to incur permanent heat damage.

Guinan

Re-Branding
^^^I 2nd that and exactly in that order.

Sometimes I have straight pieces after I straighten my hair. Not stick straight but kindof like a textured look. Once I clarify, protein and DC my curls come back. Sometimes it takes one wash, sometimes it takes a couple of washes.

tashaboo

Ladies,
This may sound crazy , I bought some Kombocha from whole foods on Saturday , as I was drinking it .I thought maybe
I can do a rinse with this to help with my heat damage. Ladies it really brought my limp hair back to life, my curls was popping so
Much so, I am thinking about doing a rinse every two weeks. I know everyone hair is different but I hope this can help

Kombucha is a fermented beverage of black tea and sugar (from various sources including cane sugar, fruit or honey) that’s used as a functional food. It contains a colony of bacteria and yeast that are responsible for initiating the fermentation process once combined with sugar. After being fermented, kombucha becomes carbonated and contains vinegar, b-vitamins, enzymes,probiotics and a high concentration of acid (acetic, gluconic and lactic), which are tied with the following effects:
· Improved Digestion
· Weight Loss
· Increased Energy
· Cleansing and Detoxification
· Immune Support
· Reduced Joint Pain
· Cancer Prevention

DDTexlaxed

Never cut heat damaged hair without at least giving it some time to snap back. Protein, moisture, etc. Get it trimmed the way you would the rest if your hair, but don't CUT it.

I only snipped off the strait ends of my flat twists. I had to so I my ends would seal. Right now, I have a good regimen in place and happily, not as bad damage as I previously thought.

DDTexlaxed

I found a great You Tube video from Naturlmea. She stated how she washed her heat damaged hair in hot water and her curl pattern returned. I tried it and it worked! She washed her hair with hot water and sealed after with a leave in conditioner. That's what I did and I am so happy! My pattern is almost back to normal. I still have wonky spots, but at least now it looks better!

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
I found a great You Tube video from Naturlmea. She stated how she washed her heat damaged hair in hot water and her curl pattern returned. I tried it and it worked! She washed her hair with hot water and sealed after with a leave in conditioner. That's what I did and I am so happy! My pattern is almost back to normal. I still have wonky spots, but at least now it looks better!
Girl you better get a flat iron and learn to use it! Somebody or something is always jacking up your hair. I'm telling you, flat ironing that you do will be better than most of the stylists you go to. I flat iron my own hair and I have never given myself heat damage. It takes longer but at least I know what to expect.

Glad it wasn't as bad as you thought though!

bluenvy

I'm dealing with heat damage ends. That haven't reverted from protein, clarifying, moisturizing etc.
My ends are not breaking, dry or split. Yes the curl pattern is gone but that's all.
I continue to wear my hair as usual, braid outs, twists, buns, and occasional flat iron.
Keep the rest of your hair, it will eventually get back into shape with regular trims to rid damage.

DDTexlaxed

Girl you better get a flat iron and learn to use it! Somebody or something is always jacking up your hair. I'm telling you, flat ironing that you do will be better than most of the stylists you go to. I flat iron my own hair and I have never given myself heat damage. It takes longer but at least I know what to expect.

I am going to do my own hair now on. Every time I use a professional, I get damage. I do believe that the damage is gone now, but I am not impressed with my hair straight, anyway.
Glad it wasn't as bad as you thought though!