Corrective relaxer question, help!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
When I first relaxed, my left side did not get as strait as the right. Since I'm working on better hair care practices, I've decided to wait a month to do a corrective relaxer. Can anyone tell me what's the best method to do this, though? Should I just treat it as a retouch? It is tough to style the left side because it is still curly when wet. I have to heat style to have a more even look. Thanks in advance!

Funny you ask-- I just did a spot corrective this week on parts of my left side too (what is it with the left side?). I'm texlaxed and have been working for the past 9 months to get the perfect texture that looks wavy with a wet set, but stays straight after a roller set. Overall, I was fairly satisfied with my haird, thanks to LCHF, but I had these annoying pieces that would kink up and drive my OCD-behind insane!:wallbash:

So, here's what I did:

- Portioned 2-3 tbs of Mizani BB and 1/3 of the activator
- Added 1 tbs of amla oil and mixed until smooth
- I carefully handpicked the sections that were driving me crazy and then braided them away from the rest of my hair, which I put in ponytail holder.
- Then, I covered the selected sections in a light coat of castor oil, to help slow down processing.
- Using my fingers, I smothered on a modest amount of relaxer on only the curliest, most annoying parts, making to stay away from my ends. this took 3-4 minutes
- After going through the pieces once, I quickly smoothed the more resistant ones for good measure for no more than 2 minutes. Smoothing a texlax is kind of subjective, so I'm not sure its necessary for everyone.

I rinsed the relaxed hair, then washed with Isoplus neutralizer until the lather was white, followed by Aphogee 2min Reconstructor for 15 mins. After that, I wet my entire heads and DCed with Deva Curl One Conditioner (my fave, but not a must). I was incredibly pleased with the results.

I have some before & after shots in my fotki: bonvivant50, no pswd

HTH!

-

Last edited:
Back