Healthy Ends = Blunt/Even Ends?

Does blunt = healthy?

• Yup! If they ain't blunt, they ain't healthy!

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Nope! They can be varying lengths and still healthy!

Votes: 157 93.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Missjae09

I think most people's hair grows at different rates, so uneven ends doesn't mean your hair isn't healthy. I do think that ends being uneven can sometimes make the ends look a bit sparse, and everyone pretty much equates sparse ends to unhealthy ends. On the other hand I have seen hair that is so damaged, that the ends are blunt but there are still a lot of split ends left behind.
Most heads of hair look healthier with blunt ends.

btw- I prefer/have blunt ends and layers.

Last edited:

Guitarhero

Lately lots of threads have been popping up with women doing lovely blunt cuts. I personally think it's wonderful aesthetically, but I am also noticing that lots of people are saying things along the lines of your ends being blunt means they are healthy.
I'm sort of confused by this statement, because I thought there were lots of people whose hair grew at different rates all over their heads and though their ends might not be blunt, they aren't split, or breaking, or knotted, so how are they unhealthy?
I know my ends don't grow in bluntly, but they are in good condition to me. Yes, a blunt cut is nicer-looking in my opinion, but I didn't think your ends HAD to be blunt in order to be healthy.
Just want some feedback and didn't want to hijack any threads! :grin:

Some people think that uneven thin ends mean there's breakage going on. That's just how many folks' hair grows. The blunt-ends is aesthetically pleasing and appears to be "healthier" hair. But if your ends are uneven, non-split/trouble, you do YOU. Don't believe the hype because lots of people bun or braid up so they don't need to blunt the ends while they're growing out. I think you reach your goal faster with leaving the ends alone.

FocusLady

Blunt is the easiest to DIY. I like the U shape but I can't do that myself. I knew I needed my ends trimmed so blunt it was. I agree what healthy ends can be at any length. I have "lead" hair. My hair grows different lengths and thickness/thinness all over my head.

Vintagecoilylocks

Before I lost alot of hair to shedding my hair was healthy with no splits or knots. However, I have multi type hair on my head and the shinkage and coil or wave pattern never allowed for the hair to fall at the same point on my body. Cut ends are a precusor to a split. The natural shape of a uncut hair strand is tapered and sealed like the bottom of an ice cream cone. When I stop cutting I no longer had split end problem. So on straight or wavy hair a blunt may look great and even some curlies but on my coils it would make no difference. These coils will never hang neatly organized no matter what cut. But they are heathy and un split.:yep:

n_vizion

Blunt ends are gorgeous. They make the hair appear thicker and thus look healthier. I also believe in the strength in numbers theory. Whenever I do a blunt cut I seem to experience less breakage. Although I love blunt cuts, I'd much rather find the two or three strands that just reach my goal length. It's pathetic but I celebrate the minute that first strand makes it past the others.