Health vs. Hair: I Gave/Threw Away all My Hair Products Away

Kindheart

i need to bump this and give you guys a very helpful link
http://www.goodguide.com
you can find out whether the products u re using are amongst the ones tested and check what chemicals in it are dangerous .
To be honest I m not gonna be paranoid about it ,as for products im going to get rid of ,are going to be Porosity Control <Fantasia Leave in Aloe ,Herbal Essences ,girls be careful cowashing as some of the commercial cons are not meant to be massaged on the scalp .
I ve pretty much always used natural shampoo w commercial conditioners apart from most part of my pregnancy and about over a year of using exclusively natural products including toothpaste and deodarant (to find out Jason deodorant contain Propylene glycol as second ingredient ) :( .I use natural shower gels and soap bars ,natural cleaning products so if i use a conditioner w parabens im not overly fussed about it cuz my paraben intake is very low .Through the link i ve posted i found out there are other ingredients to be aware of such as Triclosan (inb most toothpaste)DMDM ,F&C Red (colorant found in some products like LEKAIR ),Benzyl Alchohol (found in ALL Pantene and Herbal Essences products )Pantene is actually better than HE.
My newly beloved Motions Herbal Shampoo has alot of crap in it such as Propylene Glycol Parabens ,Urea .I m going to finish it (eventually and nt purchase again ) The Conditioner Only contain Propylene Glycol at the very bottom of the list which is fine ,I m going to finish it as the rest of the ingredients are good ,no parabens ,benzyl alchohol etc.
Creme of Nature really suck ...Im so disappointed i like the shampoo ...

Last edited:

EllePixie

I try to not use parabens and the ingredients that are now considered "dangerous," but I won't stop using a product I love b/c it contains them. I used them for 26 years and was an avid sun worshipper without sunblock...so I figure if I'm going to get cancer it's inevitable. Might as well have pretty hair until I have to do another BC for chemo. Shrug.