Headache, Puffiness, General Malaise From Sleeping/Sitting With Wet Hair?

Does anyone else experience this or have any clue what the cause is? I feel really awful today and I believe it's because last night I sat with my hair wet in a ponytail for a couple of hours then rewetted it to braid it before bed. I absolutely, love, love, love how my hair came out but that aside I feel physically ill. I want to continue this simple heat free method of doing my hair but something about a prolonged wet head gives me terrible puffiness, headache and even cloudy thinking. Feels like only half my brain is there and the other side stuck to my head. This may be sinus but WHY does a wet head cause this or is it something else like blood vessels?

Ms.London

Yea...my face usually swells up like a pumpkin when i juice (jheri juice) at night...so i had to change my routine to only juicing in the morning...

SimpleKomplexity

I don't like sleeping while dcing overnight. It makes me feel sluggish like this unless it's really really hot. I dunno what causes it though.

nikolite

I feel the same way when I baggy my whole head overnight. Headache, sluggishness and a stuffy nose in the morning. Eerie... I thought it was just me. I have no idea why this happens.

I figured maybe because the scalp may cool us down more than we think and leaving it wet and blocked somehow overheats the body? That's why I only baggy for a few hours before bed from now on.

LittleLuxe

I believe it has something to do with the pores on your scalp, we all know the scalp can accept liquids - thus why growth aids (some) work. I imagine your scalp doesn't like being wet for prolonged periods of time and something about the position (lying on your side) exacerbates that.

I also think it has more to do with the position, for instance if I sleep and my head isn't well elevated then I will wake up stuffy and feeling sick.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

I think whatever is on your scalp sinks in...sounds strange, but i think the pores are open and just receive 'more' of whatever you've got on it, especially if you baggie. I have awakened to horrific headaches because of whatever oils or conditioners I slept in.

I abhor baggying overnight. I just feel gross. I hate the drippiness on my neck and ears, i just can't sleep deeply. Now, what i've learned to do is wear a scarf and cover it with a cap - this helps absorb the excess wetness and keeps my head safe from cold weather (which causes sinus problems, headaches and colds). I am doing this tonight btw.

I don't have to sleep for it to happen. I can just be sitting in a chair with a wet head for a while and it can still happen....I know this isn't unique but I can't seem to get an answer to what the heck causes it.