Have You Sent Your Shears in for Sharpening?

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I remember some of us purchased the shears from Sally's that have lifetime free sharpening. I have never sent mine in. Have any of you? What is the process like? I really need to send mine in, but have been a bit of a lazy bones about it.

HoneyDew

I did not buy those, but I have sent my shears in for sharpening. I am sure it is the same process. I put them in the special envelope and sent them off. I got them back in about a week and a half, just like new. :yep:

I could tell a difference!

morehairplease

Hey there Supergirl,

My dh/ds's barber does this for his razors and blades. There is an older gentlemen in Raleigh that does this but sadly he is basically the only one in the area. You can really tell a difference when their hair is cut with dull clippers(their old barbers) versues Tyrone(the new barber). Their cuts are so clean and neat(my little one looks like a businessman with his cut....so sweet).

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Little Update--I sent them in. I called before I sent them to clarify some things. They were very friendly and helpful. I did find out that the sharpening isn't free though. :( They will also service other shears that are not necessarily their brand. I got my shears back in a week and a half and their customer service was top notch. I got a shipping notice from them and then a follow-up email saying they hope I was satisfied with their service and to contact them for any reason, etc.

I highly recommend this service for sharpening your shears when they need it.

http://www.arius-eickert.com/