Have you forgotten how important it is to BRAID YOUR HAIR AT NIGHT?!

ladysaraii

This is funny, I put my hair in plaits last night and was just thinking this morning how nice they felt

Jewell

I agree, OP. I have done this for years. (See my avatar...I do this braid and pin it up). I airdry all the time and always braid my hair overnight to let it partially dry, let it loose during the day to finish drying, and re-moisturize/re-braid for the rest of the day and night unless I have to go out. I mainly keep my hair braided all the time in 1-4 braids whenever I'm at home...which is 90% of the time. It helps tremendously with keeping the ends moist, and my hair is retaining mega length b/c I leave it alone and protected.

jamaraa

I'll be using twists until I learn how to braid.:blush:

Do you mean plait (hanging down like a twist) or braid (to your scalp)? If you mean plait, you just divide the hair into three rather than 2.....it's far easier than braiding. If you can twist, you can plait...I promise ya! ;)

amwcah

I prefer a bantu knot versus a plait or twist. I get no tangles with the knots. Also, my result is a pretty loose curl versus a wavy tangled mess.

MizzBrit

but yes...my mom did this to her hair every night and i never new why. im natural and actually just recently started doing it..it makes my hair SOOOOOO managed plus it keeps it from shrinking up alot.i also co wash in braids...so i wont have to detangle my hair.makes it 100 percent easier.