Have you ever overlooked a product in your stash...

all_1_length

...and then BLAM you realize that it is the product that you have been waiting for and wonder why you didn't try it sooner? Well that is what happened to me last wash day.

I have been having problems with the heat and humidity lately. My poor hair was nothing but a high porosity frizz ball when ever I would blow it out. I had gotten so frustrated that I swore off blow drying and opted to only do wash n gos this summer until the heat died down.

Well I had been looking through my product stash and I saw I this.

I must have had this product sitting in my linen closet for about 4 yrs before I decided to try it which was yesterday. I tell you I love this product and I am very happy that I bought it.:grin:

I had a very long wash day because it was the day that I do my hard protein treatment which meant that I had to also clarify my hair, wash with my moisturizing shampoo, apply the protein, dry my hair, rinse out the protein and then deep condition. All of this is before I can dry my hair. Not to mention that I had dusted my ends earlier that day.:rolleyes:

Anyway I decided to use the Garnier Frutics Anti Humidity Milk because I thought it would keep the frizz away because I wanted to blow out my hair so I could do a length check. OMG this stuff is great! I only used a small squirt per section and used the tension method to blowdry my hair. The pro is that my hair dried a lot faster and was feeling moisturized after since I used the milk as my leave in conditioner. A day later my hair still feels soft and moisturized. Even my braid out had more definition.:yep: The con, well there really isn't a con. It really hasn't been very hot or humid the last couple of days so I really couldn't see how the product will work under those conditions but I did sweat a little and my hair didn't revert like it usually does. Normally if I sweat after a blow out or flat ironing my hair will swell up, get dry and turn into one big poof. Right now it feels very moisturized. I was afraid since this product is meant to block out humidity (ie water) that I would have problems moisturizing and sealing. Nope everything worked fine in fact my moisturizing products worked even better with the milk.

Well that's all for now. I'm going to wait and see how this product turns out over the next couple of days. I'll see if it helps with length retention since my moisture factor has increased, etc. I guess that this was a review really. Let me know if you have tried it and how did you like it? The only caveat is that Garnier changed the formula :swearing: and now it includes argan oil. I don't know if I will like it as much so I guess that I will have to make this little bottle last for as long as possible before I try the new one.

Angelbean

Everytime I get something new, I'll forget about things already in my stash that I KNOW work but they pushed to the back because I got another package in the mail...this pj life is a whole struggle lol

MarieB

This actually happened to me last week--I discovered that my regular co-wash had been reformulated and the fragrance was way too strong for me, never mind how much my hair liked it. While purging my stash, I stumbled across a tube of Ion Moisture Solutions Extreme Cleansing Conditioner that I got as a promotional freebie from Sally's. It has done the job so far.

nymane

YES! This happened to me once...I overlooked Agadir Argan Oil Spray Treatment. It's one of my staple serums/polishers now

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Op that was my staple leave in for years. Now I just use hello hydration as a leave in. Nothing against sleek and shine, but im trying to use up what I have first. I may go back to it eventually

Kindheart

Nah ,that's why I keep buying more unfortunately .
I m doing alot better though .i m spending more on quality food .

D.Lisha

This has kinda sorta happened to me, but not with a product...it was more of a "method" that I re-discovered.....and that is the BAGGY method.

I was surfing on YouTube and came across one of PrettyWitty's videos in which she incorporated the baggy method before she went to bed. After watching her I went for a shower cape of my own and slapped it on the ends of my night-time bun and the next day??? Girl my ends felt like silk you hear me! They weren't overly moisturized or oily at all! I think I've done the method every night up until last night. I wonder is it possible to over-do it though...hmmmmm

ellebelle88

OP, I used to use the Garnier Intensely Smooth Leave-In Conditioning Cream product when I did twistouts on my relaxed hair. I'm no longer relaxed, but yes I do remember how great that product was. Every morning I would rub a small amount over my hair and it moisturized my hair without weighing it down. I need to return back to Garnier, I'll try out the product you mentioned.

greenandchic

I usually use new products right after washing my hair (which is about 2x a week). I get too excited to let it sit in my closet! :lol:

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
i love that stuff for blowouts! i bought every bottle of the old formula i could find when they changed the formula.

it gives me the best flat iron results too....i miss it when i forget to use it.

Last edited:

bluevalentine

yep i do that all the time. most recently i rediscovered how great giovanni direct leave in conditioner is. it works wonders on my natural hair. i had pushed it to the back of the closet, bad part is i had bought a 4 pack of it. now i'm almost out.

all_1_length

i love that stuff for blowouts! i bought every bottle if the old formula i could find when they changed the formula.

it gives me the best flat iron results too....i miss it when i forget to use it.
Man I wish that I had used this product sooner so that I could have stocked up as well. When I bought mine I think they were phasing out the old formula because the bottle that I bought was on clearance. I wonder if the new formula is as good as the old. (probably not):sad:

Urban

I buy new stuff and wait to finish all my other stuff before I use it. But then I forget about the new product. I now have two full unused 20 oz bottles of Infusium23 because of that :nono: