Have you all seen her (HoneyLemonDrop ) hair? WOW

amy1234

very pretty!!

Isis

HoneyLemonDrop said:
Thanks for the compliment!

I really appreciate all of your compliments.

And yep, I wear buns maybe 97% of the time. I was on the bun challenge for two years straight. Some of ya'll might remember, there was an old old old post from this girl, I forget her name. But I think she started the whole bun craze and it has been working for many of us.
Your hair is gorgeous!
I do remember that post from Yvette (I think) and her bun method that grew her hair long quickly in a year.

LiqueXX

Wow, I can't believe anyone would be so ignorant as to rate this thread.

Anyway, HLD your hair is fly as hell. I have always liked the ponytail avatar, it's a goal of mine to have a ponytail like that.

Faith

Sistaslick said:
You know . . . I don't get why people rate "shoutout threads":look: And a 1 star on top of that . . .I mean really . . . what is the logic behind that? 1 star means "terrible"-- who actually thinks a thread like this is terrible?:confused: I mean whats the point? To make the shouted out person feel like what . . . they somehow didn't deserve it? Thats just like the ultimate in hatership right there and seriously I don't get it.:ohwell: Somebody apparently thought someone else reaching their hair goals was an accomplishment worth pointing out and mentioning-- come on now guys:( Stuff like that is so petty man... makes me wanna go right on back into lurk mode again:mad:
It was me. KIDDING! LOL! No, seriously...I don't get why people do that. If you don't like her hair then MOVE ON hater...sheesh.

HLD I can see the ends now...guess yesterday it was my computer at work(too dark).

I don't relax my hairline either...it's doing better since I started doing that. Thicker..

Last edited:

ChasingBliss

Tanji said:
What is Frizz Buster's gel? I could use some.

It's gel you can use to smooth down your edges when you are fast approaching touch up time...:lol:. You can find it it any drugstore in the black hair care section. It has a dark pink almost purple cap and a clear container. Hope this helps.

ChasingBliss

Faith said:
It was me. KIDDING! LOL! No, seriously...I don't get why people do that. If you don't like her hair then MOVE ON hater...sheesh.

HLD I can see the ends now...guess yesterday it was my computer at work(too dark).

I don't relax my hairline either...it's doing better since I started doing that. Thicker..

Unfortunately I have relaxed my nape and hairline since I made that statement. I was so disappointed after because I truly liked how my nape looked for a long time but at some point, it just started looking a little off compared to the rest of my hair...especially since my nape itself was approaching brastrap.

ChasingBliss

juicy555 said:
Ooooh aaaaahhhh.... Awesome job HL! :up: I feel ya on not relaxin' the kitchen. I'm a type " 3c or 4 something" back there, so I'm not sure if this would work for me. What type are you?

Feverishly takes notes...:user:

Im not too sure what my hair type is anymore. There is so much going on on my head Im afraid to say. My nape is different from my hairline, my crown is different from everything else...just a mess I tell you..:lol:

ChasingBliss

All your compliments make me feel so good inside....even the one star-er :lol:. Thanks so much ladies. I get a LOT of my joy just from knowing that others are inspired, just as I am inspired by all of you. Im glad we are all here for each other.

TwistNMx

:) What an inspiration....beautiful hair...nice and long....strong looking!
It looks great pulled back also with the hair sticks. Way to go!
Thanks for sharing. ;)

ChasingBliss

qtgirl said:
HLD, what is your hair regime?

Im still into my nexxus stuffs. These days Im keeping it simple..

Nexxus Botanoil Shampoo and Keraphix every 4 or 5 days. Detangle with Surge and some jojobah oil, then bun it up.

Victory1

HoneyLemonDrop said:
Im still into my nexxus stuffs. These days Im keeping it simple..

Nexxus Botanoil Shampoo and Keraphix every 4 or 5 days. Detangle with Surge and some jojobah oil, then bun it up.

Maybe I should revisit Surge!

juicy555

Cant wait to start bunning! I've had a lot of new growth this past month ( I started at earlobe) so after my relaxer on Friday maybe my hair will be long enough. This is really inspiring!

BTW I got my Frizz busters today! I'm so excited!!! :lol:

ChasingBliss

KiSseS03 said:
HLD! I am so inspired, keep up the good work!

Mannn when these braids come out, the bun is ON!

Thanks ladies!

Yeah the bunning really really worked for me. Many dont need it but I'd have to say that the constant moisturizing, really spaced out trimming and bunning worked for me. I never thought in a million years that I'd see length anywhere NEAR what I have now.

ChasingBliss

Thanks for all the love ladies! It's so nice to see people who have no issue with giving compliments and acknowledging someone else's progress. I am overwhelmed by all the nice things you all are saying. I wish everyone success on their hair journey.