Have any tips for keeping unbraided hair flat under a wig?

yardyspice

You ladies who are wigging it to WL and beyond, how do you keep your hair flat under your wig without it being in braids? I like to cowash daily and I can't braid so I pull my hair back into a bun under my wig cap but I look like an alien at the back. Can you ladies share some tips? TIA

Vintageglam

You ladies who are wigging it to WL and beyond, how do you keep your hair flat under your wig without it being in braids? I like to cowash daily and I can't braid so I pull my hair back into a bun under my wig cap but I look like an alien at the back. Can you ladies share some tips? TIA

Yardyspice I have the same problem so I recently bought myself a childs doll (one with a very big head) and I have been practicing with youtube vids. There are some pretty good ones.

I am adamant to learn as I think it would make co-washing easier bc of the reduced manipulation and tangles.

Also another trick I do when I am too lazy to co-wash is to apply my oils to my scalp and then wrap my head with a hot towel for 10 mins and then give myself a scalp massage before sealing in the moisture with some moisturiser and oils.

yardyspice

I am ashamed to take off my wig cap because my braids are soooo bad. I think I should just pull it back into a bun but then it looks like there is a tumor growing out of my wig. Where did you get the doll's head? I really should learn how to braid.

Vintageglam

I am ashamed to take off my wig cap because my braids are soooo bad. I think I should just pull it back into a bun but then it looks like there is a tumor growing out of my wig. Where did you get the doll's head? I really should learn how to braid.

Childrens shop :lachen::lachen::lachen:

You can also get a cheap practice head from most BSS shops.

JJamiah

What I do, is pony tail my hair loosely with an ouchless band wrap twice only, pull it forward and pin it with two small bobby pins, you can leave it be or use a wig cap, I wear the Elise Freetress equal a straight hairstyle and it looks very tight and close to the head, I don't like bulk. :)

mzsophisticated26

I am only a little bit past SL but I put my hair in a low loose pony and flip it up then pin the hair down to my head with 2 bobby pins.

yardyspice

What I do, is pony tail my hair loosely with an ouchless band wrap twice only, pull it forward and pin it with two small bobby pins, you can leave it be or use a wig cap, I wear the Elise Freetress equal a straight hairstyle and it looks very tight and close to the head, I don't like bulk. :)

No bulkiness at the back, huh?

LadyPaniolo

If you are relaxed you could wrap it. I would.

Your braids don't have to be fashionable and fly if they are under your wig. And by making goofy looking braids you get practice that lets you make nicer braids in the future. I learned to cornrow on my own head, and now I have difficulty cornrowing on someone else's head!

JJamiah

No bulkiness at the back, huh?

Nope! I love it, it took a minute for me to develope a technique. I was doing the cross wrap but it was making a permanent part, i already wear my hair parted enough in the center so Now I am growing out a cross wrap part of two months! from wig wearing :(

and a regular pony was leaving my hair with lumps. SO the loose pony flip it up attach two small bobby pins to each side and it lies flat. FOR and even better fit for thicker hair slap a wig cap on it and you look like skin head. LOL I do this sometimes, usually I am to lazy!

Last edited: