Ojon Palm Nut Oil for Beautiful Hair?

bklyncurly

Has anyone heard of Ojon? According to the article below, Ojon Palm Nut Oil is used by Miskito Indians who are referred to as Tawira, or 'the people with beautiful hair.' The cost of one of the products is $55.00, which is a little steep. I know there is no miracle cure, growth creme, ointment, etc. But, I was wondering if anyone has tried this product? If it works, I might give it a try.

http://naturallycurly2.com/curlscene/entry.php?id=394&entrytype=articles

Link for hair kit from QVC for $44.94
http://www.qvc.com/asp/frameset.asp?nest=%2Fasp%2FIsItemNumberRedirect.asp&search=SQ&frames=y&referrer=QVC&txtDesc=ojon&SearchClass=&Submit4=Go

Last edited:

SNyeema

Well after reading the article, it seems more of a hair revitalizer and shine booster than "growth" cream. I guess it's probably like the rest of the "butters" out there. As much as it costs ($55 for a 5oz container), I think I'll stick with the usual suspects....

thatscuteright

I read the article, and was disturbed. I am all about entrepeunership, but I wonder how much the Indian natives are getting for thier lucrative products that have been features on Oprah, and cost so much. Its like Shea butter in African countries, where the actual people get so little, and companies like L'occitane make billions a year.

Looking at the palm nut trees, It looks like regular palm nut oil, which you can buy at the African/International grocery store.

Last edited:

Dogmd

Actually this is an excellent product. I bought this product on QVC last April and I use it approximately 4-5 x a week as a daily oil moisturizer. A tiny bit of this product goes a long way.. I have approximately 1/4 jar remaining.
It has a wonder fragrance and has helped my hair grow from shoulder length to bra clasp. Before this product -- I didn't use any oils on my hair because I thoght they would clog my hair follicles and cause breakage... But nope.. I usually wash my hair 1-2 x weekly, follow with humectress and then the ojon oil. Pretty simple!!

lexi08

Dogmd said:
Actually this is an excellent product. I bought this product on QVC last April and I use it approximately 4-5 x a week as a daily oil moisturizer. A tiny bit of this product goes a long way.. I have approximately 1/4 jar remaining.
It has a wonder fragrance and has helped my hair grow from shoulder length to bra clasp. Before this product -- I didn't use any oils on my hair because I thoght they would clog my hair follicles and cause breakage... But nope.. I usually wash my hair 1-2 x weekly, follow with humectress and then the ojon oil. Pretty simple!!

Hi Dogmd, I was thinking of ordering this product. What is your hair type? are you relaxed?