Has Anyone Tried the MoeGro Growth Recipe

ibeleevenme

Omg, where is everyone finding this horsetail? At any rate, I'm willing to try it, but can anyone out there tell me exactly how to mix this stuff up?

Anancy

Omg, where is everyone finding this horsetail? At any rate, I'm willing to try it, but can anyone out there tell me exactly how to mix this stuff up?

You can pretty much find horsetail from any good health food store, some places may call it shavegrass as well.

The general rule for this recipe is to:
1. Mix the oil and herbs into a mason jar or a jar with a lid.
2. Place the jar in a pot of boiling water and let the oil heat (i found that it was best to let the oil infuse on a low heat for several hours).
3. Remove jar from pot and let it sit for 3 days. Others have left theirs for weeks.
4. Strain and pour the oil into a squirt applicator bottle and add the aloe vera gel/liquid.
5. Shake well and you're good to use.

If you are using a light oil like jojoba oil massage your scalp everyday, but if you use a thick oil like castor oil then use sparingly.

Hope that helps, i've got pics in my Fotki as well.

It's a nice mixture but unfortunately i haven't been consistent with it to tell if it works.

PuddingPop

I got my horsetail from my local Hispanic supermarket. Its called Supremo or Twin City here in Jersey but im sure any ethnic supermarket would have it.

~NanCeBoTwin~

FYI....vitamin shoppe carries the horsetail herb I picked mine up yesterday...making mine tonight!

ETA: I purchased rosemary oil and nettle today as well....

Last edited:

1babydimple

baddison

natural for good
I want to make my oil....do you think I can get the horsetail & nettle at my local vitamin shoppe???:perplexed

2themax

I tried it and it did NOTHING for me. Not to sound discouraging, but just tellin the truth. I made it, let it sit in the sun for several hours, etc. began using it for over a month and all I got was NO Change. Maybe I didn't use it for long enough. Anyway, I put it to rest:lachen:

Zay-neey

I tried it and it did NOTHING for me. Not to sound discouraging, but just tellin the truth. I made it, let it sit in the sun for several hours, etc. began using it for over a month and all I got was NO Change. Maybe I didn't use it for long enough. Anyway, I put it to rest:lachen:

Wow its working for me. Im in Braids Right now . so i can see the growth easier. And my hair is growing 3/4 inch a month using the Moe Gro Oil
and it might also contribute to the fact that you have to massage it in to get good results

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

Be careful with horsetail around children and pets, it's very toxic. Never attempt to drink it and store it separately from your regular teas just to avoid a problem consuming it. It's high in silica and you can get that as a food supplement at GNC. Latino stores sell horsetail "cola de caballo." Cheap as dirt with them lol!

Sounds good.

Leesh

Has Anyone tried the Moe Gro Recipe that is posted at the other natural hair board. The person who introduced the recipe says she gets 1/2 in a week using it and a lot of people are agreeing that it has increased their hair growth. I'm going to give it a shot and buy the ingredients tomorrow.

It's basically horsetail herb infused in jojoba oil for 3 days and add aloe vera gel to it and apply to scalp every other day.

Anyone here tried it?

Oh Shoot! thats why its a fact that it aides in hair growth, it stimulates the blood flow, hence your heart. O Ok, think Ima try this one.
Thanks

Wildkat08

Anyone try mixing this with nettle leaves INSTEAD of the horsetail? If so, any results? Horsetail just seems to be a bit to toxic for my liking, but I would like to try it without if ladies have had good results this way. Horsetail, however does seem to be the main ingredient to this wonderoil, lol.

baddison

natural for good
I have just started using my "customized" version of the MoeGro oil.

4 tblsp Horsetail leaves (aka: shavegrass)
4 tblsp Stinging Nettle leaves
8 oz jojoba oil
8 oz evco

Let it simmer 3 hours, let is seep 3 days.....VOILA.

I apply to my scalp every other day. If I get nothing else from this....I am completely pleased with what its doing for my new growth. I feel like I could stretch FOREVER with this stuff.:yep::yep:

baddison

natural for good
Still applying to scalp 4/5 times per week. Enjoying the thickness & growth. I am currently 11 weeks post, and this oil mixture is doing wonders for managing my new growth.:yep:

Tamrin

unapologetic
How come I never see any progress pics from people using this system? Every time I see Moegrow threads people say they have this number of inches but no pictures. At least with mega tek people posted pics.

Luxlii

I got my stuff!!!!!! I'm tearing open the tea bags now!!! Half a pack of horsetail an half a pack of nettle. Olive, castor, and grapeseed oil. I'm putting it in a pickle jar and setting it in the sun. I will start in 3 days and take pics 8/19 for starting pics then again in a month or so.