Has Anyone Tried the MoeGro Growth Recipe

Platinum

Is it ok for relaxed hair?

It's made with natural ingredients so it's okay for both relaxed and natural hair.:yep: Let me caution you, if you have high blood pressure, you may want to substitute the horsetail and rosemary for other herbs.

seraphim712

Here is the original recipe and directions. If you don't have the supplies you can order them online.

supplies
one glass jar
6oz of jojoba oil or macadamia nut oil
2oz aloe vera juice/gel
2 tblsp of horsetail herbs
plastic squirt bottle (like the one for hair dye)

1. place oil and herbs in a the jar
2. place jar in a pot of boiling water let the oil heat up
3. remove jar from water and place the top on it let this sit for three days so the herb can infuse with the oil
4. strain oil in to squirt bottle
5. pour in 2oz of aloe
6. shake well and your ready to go

with this mix you will oil you SCALP (after i brush it through my hair) if you use Jojoba you may have to reapply every two day because you scalp will absorb the oil completely. with the mac oil you will reapply it once a week depending on how fast your scalp absorbs the oil.
continue to wash and condition you hair as usual just dont pile on a bunch of other products if you can dont put any thing else on you SCALP you dont want to clog you pours.

Here are the ingredients I plan on using:

2oz olive oil
2oz coconut oil
2oz emu oil
(I plan on using 2oz each of the oil to make the 6oz amount needed.)
2oz aloe vera gel
2 tblsp stinging nettle
2-3 drops vitamin e

Is this too much or too potent? I wanted to add some rosemary EO but I'm not sure. What do you ladies think?

baddison

natural for good
I must have made mine too strong.....after a few months, I simply couldn't stand the smell of the teas mixed with the oils, so I added Tea Trea oil.....UGHHH!!!...which made it even worse!!

Platinum

:bump:

I made some of this a few weeks ago but I just got around to using it this week. I believe mine may be too potent. My scalp tingled like crazy. The batch I made last year didnt have the same effect.:ohwell: I'm thinking about adding some of it to MN and see what kind of results I can get with it.

LaBelleLL

I have a batch and stopped using it after 2 weeks. For some reason, I just fell off of it. I'm going to go back to it eventually.....although i'm not entirely sure it works. I'll pay more attention this time.

shamarie

Ive been using my own version of it. My take on it is....Im normally an extreme slow grower. I typically only start feeling a little hump of NG about 8 weeks after a relaxer. After a week of appling it maybe every other day, I Felt NG!!!! Im about 9 weeks post and ive maybe got about 3/4 of an inch NG. I know for most that below average but to each his own.

Last edited:

Honey Bee

I'm really curious about this, since I'm transitioning, but I kinda wanna see some pictures too....

anybody??

shamarie

I plan on doing comparison pic in the future. I think it been about hhhmmm 6-8 weeks( cant remember when i started). Normally that would be plenty of time for most but with my growth pattern i have to be patient.

Last edited:

MangaManiac

I've been doing this for a while and I actually posted progress pics in another thread. They're also on my profile! :yep:

Last edited:

MangaManiac

I think Sui Top sells it. But it's pretty easy to make your own especially if you use tea. Vitamin Shoppe and CVS should have everything you need to make it. And EVOO works just fine IMO!

MangaManiac

Great progress!:yep: Keep up the good work!:clap:

Thanks so much. I'm still progressing. The next time I take pictures will be around Christmas times before I rebraid my hair. So far it's working out wonderfully and it's keeping my hair REALLY soft. I have an updated recipe, but it smells sort of weird :blush: (because of the Vatika oil). It fades though and if you use any product on top of it the smell pretty much disappears. Here's the new recipe I came up with:

Ingredients:

4 bags Horsetail tea
4 bags Nettle tea
2 oz Vatika Oil
4 oz EVOO
2 oz Organix self-heating Coconut Oil :lick:
2 oz Aussie leave-in conditioner spray
Large bottle of Aloe Vera Gel (98% pure)

Recipe

Combine tea, oils, & spray into mason jar
Fill a medium sized pot half way with water
Bring water to a boil
Set pot to simmer and put in mason jar
Let "cook" for 2 hours
Remove jar and place in window sill
Let jar sit for at least 3 days (I did 7) :yep:

Use

Use medicine dropper to remove MGO
Fill a small shallow container with 8 drops
Add in Aloe Vera gel
Mix completely
Heat in microwave for 10-20 seconds
Use dropper to apply to scalp
Massage into hair for 5 minutes
Apply small bit to ends

You don't really need to heat it or use a medicine dropper, but that makes it easier for me. If anyone has any ideas of what I can put in it as a preservative I would be more than willing to start selling. I'd also be willing to add in some "secret" ingredients! HTH! :drunk:

MangaManiac

^^^^^^ I forgot to mention that I do this EVERY night, even now that I'm in braids. I think of it as being just as important as brushing my teeth! :lachen:

jamaraa

I'm sure plenty of people have tried it, but I haven't. I'm concerned that the concentrations of herbs and esp. EOs are far too high for many people. There are several variations of this oil and all seem to have VERY high amount of herb and/or esp EOs in proportion to carrier oil.

The biggest problem w/ some of the variations on recipes is that they are dangerous to handle because the OP who wrote it advised folks to handle HOT OIL.....NONONONONONONO! Someone can SERIOUSLY harm themselves and others handling several ounces of hot oil.

Please anyone who tries this oil infusion using the heat method, use a "bain marie" (ie a water bath) and don't handle these oils unless FULLY COOL. I'd be heartbroken if someone got 3rd degree oil burns when it's so avoidable.

MangaManiac

This is what I do. Everything goes in a mason jar and it sits in a pot filled with water. I let it cool before taking it off. Thank you for the warning!

hot_pepper96

If you have had your mixture for almost a year, should you throw it out and start fresh. I still have like 4 ounces left because I stopped using it.