HAS ANYONE TRIED THE KINKY CURLY PRODUCTS

QB

I just heard of this and I placed an order for the curling custard and knot today. I plan to use this on my daughter hair. If you have used this please let me know your results.

www.kinky-curly.com

I know, I hope it works. I'll be sure to let everyone know if it's any good.

I used the Knot Today Leave-In and the Curling Custard. I like it way better than Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding. My hair is super dry and The Knot Today Leave In, in my opinion, did not do much to alleviate dryness....maybe that's not its purpose but I did not experience any positive or negative results when using the Knot Today Leave-in. I will continue to use it, though. The Custard was great to me because it was not greasy, like the Jessie Curly Pudding and I had great curl definition. Curl definition is hard to attain on my 4bz :perplexed hair. The only bad thing is after it dried in my hair, my hair did feel a bit dry, but about 2-3 days later my hair felt moisturized. The crunchy dry feeling went away...I'm thinking that it's because I put too much. All and all, I'm using up the Miss Jessie's just to get rid of it and the Kinky Curly Products will be a permanent staple. Hope this helps.

I love the knot today leave in as it is an excellent detangler. I use this whenever I wash my hair because it helps to get rid of the tangles. I haven't used the curly custard enough to have an opinion on that one.

I tried the custard, it made my hair hard, even with a leave-in. It made my hair hard and kinda sticky. But it left a lot of shine so I use it for when I'm bunning and I want smooth edges. I won't be re-ordering. The jury is still out on the Curly pudding, it made my hair firm but kinda dry. It did an excellent job with shine and reduced the frizzies.

I know A LOT of people love this stuff. I personally could not figure it out :perplexed. I didn't care for it much on my hair.

I have the curling custard. It works okay but to me it's no better than a lot of cheapies. In fact, I like BTZ Noodlehead and Garnier Soft Curl Cream better.

I like it. It's kind of sticky if you use too much but I don't mind. It was what I used on my hair in my siggy pic.

Any more updates? I heard this is 'supposedly' better than the Miss Jesse cream.

Oh oh that links doesn't appear to be active any longer.

Brendab27713 said:
I just heard of this and I placed an order for the curling custard and knot today. I plan to use this on my daughter hair. If you have used this please let me know your results.

www.kinky-curly.com

The custard is a staple during fall/winter, in the spring in summer time, I find it leaves my hair too soft. The knot today leave in was just okay in my opinion.

I get best results with the curly custard as a base with just a little bit of miss jessie's c.m. on top.

ive heard it has a jelly consistency that some work well with and others cant stand .prob wont try because of the price kinda high...but hmm you never know..

I used the Custard when my hair was shoulder length when stretched and I loved it! As long as you follow the instructions on her jar you should be fine!

I tried it and I love it! It has become a staple for me! Yeah, the curling Custard is $25, but a little goes a long way and I am going to have that jar for a few months.

Not sure what's going on with Shelly's website but The Organic Beauty Expert (one of my favorite sites and she's local here in 'Diego) has some reviews of it as well.

I used it a few years ago when I was texturized, I was happy with it except for having to reapply daily, I hate fussing with my hair that much.

They used to sell it on CurlMart as well, it's not listed anymore. But...she can be found on her myspace page.

Last edited:
Brendab27713 said:

www.kinky-curly.com

The website does not come up for me. Can some try to access it and let me know if you can get it? I love this product. I purchased quite a few months ago and just never used it. I finally opened it about two weeks ago and I'm no longer using the Miss Jessies products that I brought on the bogo sale from December. I lovelovelovelovelove the curl defintion I obtain from the Kinky Curly Custard. I want to order the other products now, but can't get the site to come up.:confused:

marmcdo1 said:
I want to order the other products now, but can't get the site to come up.:confused:

I posted a link to her myspace page as her website isn't working, it's the post before yours.

I've purchased the KC Custard more than once. I like it but there's definitely an art to using it. It has pectin and that likely accounts for the sticky nature of it. It takes a grip of time to dry so here's what I would do when I used it:

Wash hair.

Apply leave-in lightly (She recommends VO5 Strawberries & Cream if you don't want to use Knot Today)

Apply Custard and distribute through with comb or brush.

Flat twist hair.

Sit under dryer to speed drying process.

Untwist in the morning.

Finger style.

Or

Two strand twist.

p1

ps. That pomade/glosser of hers smells all lemony and good!!

I love the Curling Custard!! I use it to slick hair/edges back into a bun. A little goes a long way on my 3c/4a hair. I am wearing protective styles for 1 year (2 1/2 months to go :grin:) in order to retain length and reach thick, full, even-on-all-sides BSL - Dec 07. . . but I may go longer because it is a great product. I wanted something different than the Fantasia IC gel and . . . so far so good!

Last edited:
Back