Has Anyone Heard Of/Used These Oils?

LovingLengths

I was checking my email and this information stood out to me. They seem a little expensive... I have seen a product with marula in it but I never paid any attention to it.. Does anyone have any experience with any of these carrier oils?

Baobab

Baobab has been part of African skin care for centuries. Rich in vitamins A, D, E and F and other essential fatty acids, Baobab provides excellent moisturizing benefits to the skin and hair. It absorbs easily into the skin, improves tone, elasticity, and regenerates and renews skin cells. It is said to have antioxidant properties and is an excellent ingredient in formulations for eczema and psoriasis. Use in small percentages in face creams, lotions, body butters, conditioners and hair care treatments.

Cape Chestnut
A popular oil in African skin care, Cape Chestnut contains a high level of essential fatty acids and antioxidant and is said to have natural ultra violet protection properties. It can be used to moisturize and nourish dry, damaged skin leaving smooth, soft and revitalize. Cape Chestnut can be used in formulations for soaps, facial creams and lotions, hair conditioners, sun care products, massage oils and balms.

Marula
Rich in antioxidant and essential fatty acids, Marula oil has been found to significantly improve skin hydration, softness and smoothness. It absorbs well through the skin and is excellent as a massage oil on its own or in a blend. Marula Oil has excellent oxidative stability, which makes it an ideal choice for a modern cosmetic formula. It can be used to manufacture leave-in hair treatments, scalp conditioners, hair lotions, skin moisturizing lotions, body butters, eye shadows, lip treatments.

jamaraa

Yes....I've heard of and used baobab and marula. Both are very expensive but nice for hair and skin. I mostly use them on my skin when I givemself facials.

I may add a few drops to a hair product I make, but they are too expensive for my hair. LOL (I'm something of a cheapo)

I've not heard of Cape Chestnut but I might use Evening Primrose Oil in it's place based on the description above.

LovingLengths

Yes....I've heard of and used baobab and marula. Both are very expensive but nice for hair and skin. I mostly use them on my skin when I givemself facials.

I may add a few drops to a hair product I make, but they are too expensive for my hair. LOL (I'm something of a cheapo)

I've not heard of Cape Chestnut but I might use Evening Primrose Oil in it's place based on the description above.

Thank You...

Miss*Tress

I've been using this from Motions:

According to the ingredients list, it's all natural. In any case it makes my hair feel really soft and silky.

jamaraa

OP have you bought any of these oils yet? If not, where are you looking? Do you have a oil you're hoping to start w/?

MilkChocolateOne

What's the price range on the Motions?

the motions product is usually priced around $5 - $7

here's the ingredient list for the motions marula oil product. it's corn oil based.

Ingredients:

Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Isododecane, Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil, Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Methylparaben, Limonene, Benzophenone-3, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citral, Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Sorbitol, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract.