The Longest Head of Hair I've Ever Seen

FashionistaNY

This morning while walking from the train station to my office I see this man with dreads and he had the longest head of hair I've ever seen on a man or woman, black or white. His hair was to his calves (past his knees) and he had to be at least 5'10". I'm estimating he was 3" from floor length!!!!!

Babygurl

Thing about dreads is, a lot of that hair is probably no longer attached to his scalp. Which is one of the reasons I dont prefer the style.

senimoni

Babygurl said:
Thing about dreads is, a lot of that hair is probably no longer attached to his scalp. Which is one of the reasons I dont prefer the style.

:gag: Don't say that....its disturbing for some reason.

Shatani

i know a cute little peruvian woman with hair to her ankles....but she cant be more than 5ft....maybe 5'2 at the most....

ThursdayGirl

Babygurl said:

I agree. I know how people wear their hair is their own business and so long as they like it... then its fine... but I think dreads that long... aren't that attractive.

I think after most hair gets below butt length it starts looking freakish..gross!

cyninmon123

Dread can fall out the hair my brother was growing them (he cut them off now) but it was getting long and thicker and too much pressure on the scalp so they fell out well 1 or 2 but still so he cut it all off into a fade

beloved1

Ewww, babygurl, I know you're right but that is just a gross thought:) Not to knock dreds, they can be beautiful, but just carrying hair around that has already shedded- that's just gross.

Mahalialee4

I just had an illuminating thought!!!Why is it so strange and unnerving to know that someone is walking around with their OWN "unshed hair" hanging off their head but a lot of people are walking around with Asian or Indian hair from OTHER PEOPLE maybe dead or alive (one is never really sure!), hanging off their heads??? Sometimes they even have it hanging off a wigstand or the corner of the dresser, or loaned to their friend....(ROFLMBO), as in "wigs...weave hair"...phoney pony's and phony buns...synthetic or natural...hmm, so what is my point?....lolololol...lolololol...... Bonjour

Healthb4Length

I believe that there's a bit of confusion about dreds and ''walking around with shedded hair'.'' The locking process can be complicated but really it's my opinion that it's not all shedded hair. First if locks are done properly then it's actually hair that 'locked' together, you can do twists and eventually because of the curl pattern of the hair it will lock together, regardless of shedding or not. If the hair is locked properly then every 6 to 8 weeks the NG will be retwisted so the style looks fresh, this also 'stretchs' the lenght to the dreds because NG is prone to 'shrinkage'. If you have dreds you can even undred your hair, it's quite possible other members have done it before. I just wanted to clear up some misconception about dreds.

missyT

Alli77 said:
I believe that there's a bit of confusion about dreds and ''walking around with shedded hair'.'' The locking process can be complicated but really it's my opinion that it's not all shedded hair. First if locks are done properly then it's actually hair that 'locked' together, you can do twists and eventually because of the curl pattern of the hair it will lock together, regardless of shedding or not. If the hair is locked properly then every 6 to 8 weeks the NG will be retwisted so the style looks fresh, this also 'stretchs' the lenght to the dreds because NG is prone to 'shrinkage'. If you have dreds you can even undred your hair, it's quite possible other members have done it before. I just wanted to clear up some misconception about dreds.

Thanks for that. Just a quick question, how easy/hard is it to unlock/undred hair?

DragonPearl

Mahalialee4 said:
I just had an illuminating thought!!!Why is it so strange and unnerving to know that someone is walking around with their OWN "unshed hair" hanging off their head but a lot of people are walking around with Asian or Indian hair from OTHER PEOPLE maybe dead or alive (one is never really sure!), hanging off their heads??? Sometimes they even have it hanging off a wigstand or the corner of the dresser, or loaned to their friend....(ROFLMBO), as in "wigs...weave hair"...phoney pony's and phony buns...synthetic or natural...hmm, so what is my point?....lolololol...lolololol...... Bonjour

Girl, you know you're on point. :)

Ayeshia

anyhair beyond tailbone length creeps me out. Can you imagine what their drain looks like? *barfing* :barf:

brittanynic16

Mahalialee4 said:

Wonderful point!!