Anyone having probs with itching from taking spirulina?

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I'm having random itchiness all over my body, my skin is reddish and welps sometimes if I scratch. That seems like a mild allergic reaction to me. It's been going on for a few days so I'm suspecting it's something that I'm taking. The only new supplement that I'm taking is spirulina. I'd been taking Chlorella for about a month prior to spirulina and no problem. I'm going to stop the spirulina to see if it ceases. Again, I'm not sure that's what it is but am wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Itchy in Atlanta. :perplexed

mariofmagdal

Itchiness is a detox symptom, due to accumulated toxins. This happens often when the liver is being cleansed. A good topical solution like Eucerin Calming Lotion should ease it. Drink more water to help it pass more quickly. Chl/Spr working together are an awesome pair, and they do double the work. Hope this helps.

MizzCoco

Wow, I'm sorry your having a reaction to it. I've been taking it for a couple weeks and I havent had any reactions to it. What kind and how much are you taking? (not that I claim to be an expert, just for the ladies that are)

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Itchiness is a detox symptom, due to accumulated toxins. This happens often when the liver is being cleansed. A good topical solution like Eucerin Calming Lotion should ease it. Drink more water to help it pass more quickly. Chl/Spr working together are an awesome pair, and they do double the work. Hope this helps.

Thank you very much, Mariofmagdal. I knew you'd chime in with good info. :urock: But uh...how long should I expect this to last? I'm willing to tough it out. Liver detox is a GOOD thing! :yep: (headed to get more water)

Ltown

Greyland
I had reaction from it and chlorella and with history of eczema I can't effort to keep taking something that maybe allergic reaction.

Last edited:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Wow, I'm sorry your having a reaction to it. I've been taking it for a couple weeks and I havent had any reactions to it. What kind and how much are you taking? (not that I claim to be an expert, just for the ladies that are)

Thanks Future RN! I think the expert chimed in (Mari) already. I want to say your hair if beautiful, mama!