Half wigs and breakage..

Kinkyhairlady

I just got a half wig yesterday and I am wearing it today. My question is will the teeth on the wig damage my hair like the teeth on regular wigs? I wore lacefront wigs for two months and my edges became bald. How can I avoid the same damage? Though this is not straining my edges I assume it may still strain the area it's in.

Christina Dior

wow i just ordered me a lace front smh i would like to know as well cuz i plan on sewing comb attachemnts in my wig so i dont have to use the glue...my edeges leave much to be desired so i dont need that drama lol

bride91501

I wear half wigs, though I tend to wear them as full wigs most of the time.

I always remove the combs and either just use the tighteners that come in the wig, or I use bobby pins to secure the wig to my cornrows underneath.

I've been doing this for 10 months now with absolutely no breakage. And my edges are breakage prone. I also wear a silk cap under my wigs.

HTH

locabouthair

I took the combs out my half wigs but I was using pins and it strained my temples and causes them to thin a bit. I say take out the combs and wear them occasionally. I wore mine everyday for 6 months I should have taken a break from it and not wear it everyday.

bride91501

^^This is a good point. This is why when I do use bobby pins (which is rare actually- most of my wigs come with the adjuster thingy :)) I never put them anywhere near my edges. I'm very sensitive to anything rubbing against my edges and nape since I'm still trying to grow them back from years of relaxer and weave abuse. I also make sure that the edge of the wig is always resting on the silk cap, and not my edges.

Yeah, I'm that type A :spinning::yep:

bride91501

If I take out the come do you think the bobby pins will secure it? I don't want the wig flying off my head.

Unless you're engaged in some high velocity activity :look: I think you'll be fine :). I've never had any issues at all, and I'm a pretty animated person lol. 4 or 5 bobby pins should get the job done.

Last edited:

Evolving78

that's why i don't even mess with them. bobby pins at the temple area will rub my edges out and those combs are the debil!

lettieg27

if u use the combs put some oil on them so they don't rip at ur hair n don't use them all the time, the bobby pins as mentioned, n them where a nice cap underneath to protect ur hair, if u are worried about the area with the combs in it massage it and treat it gently to ensure it stays intact.