half wig question

mieshae

In efforts of saving my hair and trying to make it to BSL I was wondering if anyone had or if you all thought it is a good/bad idea to braid the back of my hair and sew the half wig on and wear it for a few weeks. I have not done this before and I wanted to be for sure before I try it..........let me know!

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
For me, that would be a bad idea. Don't get me wrong, because I LOVE half wigs. I just love them because I can get a quick, finished look in seconds. I like it because it looks just as good as a weave, but you can take it off when you get home you don't have to deal with glue, threads, or itchy scalp. I want to be able to take my braids out, wash, DC. If it's sewn on, you can't do those things.

tthreat08

I thought about doing this beofre, however opted against it. I like to have access to my scalp every three days minimum for washing. However, I have read in other threads that you can braid and then stitch the fall around the perimeter leaving the appropriate hair our for cover and styling. Go for it, and then tell us how it worked for you. :yep:

Kacie

I don't understand why you want to sew the half wig on. I love my half wigs because I can take it out everyday and I don't have to worry about tangles. How are you going to moisturize your hair properly with a wig cap sew on?

glamazon386

KiniKakes did it before when she was in a pageant. I don't think it'll be a problem. It's really no different than getting a sew in. People get sews in with the net or on a wig cap and then it's attached to their hair. Same thing.

ronakajones

I have this done now. I left the front out, braided my hair in cornrows to the back and sewed around the perimeter of the wig. I did this because I feel more comfortable with having it sewed in. I like sew ins but I don't wear them long cause I like to wash my hair often. I have had this in for a week. I am gonna take it down, deep condition tonight and redo it. I used wrap lotion in the front tied it down with a scarf and when I took the scarf off, it was looking perfect and left out enough to put a part in my own hair so I looks real. I like this method and the 3/4 wig was 19.99, which is how much I normally pay for track hair anyway so Its beneficial for me. Its too much work to take out a normal sew in this often.

Jetblackhair

I think you should try and see how you like it. Personally, I like being able to remove my half wig on a daily basis. Also, daily removal helps to preserve it since I tend to use synthetic hair.