Hairspray anyone?

Soul♥Flower

I was wondering if anyone here uses hairspray. I noticed that it isn't talked about much.

I recently rediscovered hairspray and I must say that now it's a styling must for me. I'm also amazed at how many different kinds there are now, all doing so many different things. When I last used hair spray all I remembered was hard hair, flakes, breakage, and tears on wash day.

How did I rediscover it you say?
Well I had been rollersetting my hair using just water and couldn't figure out why my curls kept falling after just a few hours...leaving my hair frizzy and lifeless. I normally use Mousse or setting lotion, but I hate how crunchy my hair feels afterward. So I, on a whim bought, some flexible hold hairspray and it worked sooo well! My hair held in the heat and humidity, it didn't dry out, it was bouncy AND it stayed put. Perfect!

Anyway, I didn't mean for this to turn into a testimonial....I was just wondering if anyone used hairspray and if so...what's your favorite kind/brand?

Last edited:

motherx2esq

I use a bit of hair spray. It's a must. Gel and glaze do nothing for my hair. I use TCB; yeah I'm old school. lol Just a quick spray and it's all good.

Missi

• Keracare Oil Sheen w/ Humidity Block (current)
  • Profectiv Strength & Shine (a few weeks ago)

I rediscovered Oil Sheen for my silk-wraps: i spray onto my hair before I wrap my hair w/ saran wrap: to ensure I have nice shine or if i style my hair and it needs shine: i'll spray my hair as a finishing touch.......
........what I do know is that Holding Sprays: which are extremely drying to my hair: i do not like: as long as its sheen spray i'm okay.

Soul♥Flower

• Keracare Oil Sheen w/ Humidity Block (current)
  • Profectiv Strength & Shine (a few weeks ago)
I rediscovered Oil Sheen for my silk-wraps: i spray onto my hair before I wrap my hair w/ saran wrap: to ensure I have nice shine or if i style my hair and it needs shine: i'll spray my hair as a finishing touch.......
........what I do know is that Holding Sprays: which are extremely drying to my hair: i do not like: as long as its sheen spray i'm okay.

hmmm that oil sheen w/ humidity block sounds interesting, I might have to try that.

I'm using Dove flexible hold....I'm not to fond of the the smell, but it's so light I don't feel like I have anything in my hair. I want to try the big sexxy hair brand (not sure of the name but it comes in a red can). My friend used it to smooth her 8mth new growth in to a slick chignon today(it was soo cute). It's more like a spray wax I think.

natieya

I use Aveda's Brilliant Medium hold spray. It's nice and doesn't seem to be drying. I only use it once a week (if that). HTH! :rolleyes:

gymfreak336

I use hairspray

I have started using elasta qp oil sheen lately after a fresh set and I also use Garnier Frutics hairspray or dove hair spray.

Both help give me nice hold without drying my hair out.

Soul♥Flower

Hair Spray is alcohol based which is extremely drying to the hair. This is the reason I personally tend to avoid it.

True some alcohols can be drying...but not all alcohols used in beauty products are same, some are actually emollients and lubricants. Though I get your point. I haven't had any problem with dry hair.....I think it's because the hairsprays now aren't the same dehydrators I grew up with.