Haircut Help Again?

Aireen

Hi guys! :wave:

So my mum and I were looking up models today and came across Chanel Iman. As soon as I saw her haircut, I loved it. It's kind of different from what people are doing today — you know the typical side bangs, the Rihanna cut, the Cassie shaved-head thing. :look: I know I've posted asking for haircut advice before but I think next month or so when I go to the salon, I really want to try something different that I've never attempted.

It looks like this:

It's not really just centered bangs. It looks kind of like that choppy Asian-inspired hair. Now I did put "Asian Inspired Haircuts" into Google but got a whole bunch of stuff that I'm not really looking for. I can picture it perfectly in my head since I've seen this haircut before on someone in real life but I would need a visual so my hairdresser can apply the same haircut on my head. Chanel has her hair in an updo — which is fine but I need a picture to show what I want for when my hair is down. So does anyone know what I'm talking about and can help me find pictures of this haircut so I can aid my stylist in cutting my hair? The best way I can think of describing it without a picture is "Mulan-Inspired Hair". :perplexed Even if you can't help with pictures, can someone help me with a better and more accurate description so my stylist at least knows what I'm talking about? THANKS IN ADVANCE! :grin:

Krullete

I'll try to contribute:

You did not specify how you envision the sides and back of the cut (length, layers, sleek, etc.), so it is difficult to offer targeted suggestions, but here are a few images roughly corresponding to the front of your anticipated haircut.

1. Choppy Fringe | Flickr - Photo Sharing! [There is a photo at this link, too. But, it was protected and I could not embed it here. Just click the link to see.]

Edited: to explain the link.

Last edited:

NIN4eva

Hi guys! :wave:

So my mum and I were looking up models today and came across Chanel Iman. As soon as I saw her haircut, I loved it. It's kind of different from what people are doing today — you know the typical side bangs, the Rihanna cut, the Cassie shaved-head thing. :look: I know I've posted asking for haircut advice before but I think next month or so when I go to the salon, I really want to try something different that I've never attempted.

It looks like this:

It's not really just centered bangs. It looks kind of like that choppy Asian-inspired hair. Now I did put "Asian Inspired Haircuts" into Google but got a whole bunch of stuff that I'm not really looking for. I can picture it perfectly in my head since I've seen this haircut before on someone in real life but I would need a visual so my hairdresser can apply the same haircut on my head. Chanel has her hair in an updo — which is fine but I need a picture to show what I want for when my hair is down. So does anyone know what I'm talking about and can help me find pictures of this haircut so I can aid my stylist in cutting my hair? The best way I can think of describing it without a picture is "Mulan-Inspired Hair". :perplexed Even if you can't help with pictures, can someone help me with a better and more accurate description so my stylist at least knows what I'm talking about? THANKS IN ADVANCE! :grin:

I achieve this look with a clip in bang that I've colored, point cut and texturized to my desired length and thickness. I used The Sassy Collection - SASSY - Sassy Collection The Bang Thing

I'm obsessed with bangs but I hate growing them back out.

Miss_C

I think you should take that photo and lots of others that show examples of what you want with you and use it to make sure your stylist knows what you mean. Pictures are usually better than words. If you do describe it as choppy fringe, make sure u specify that you want it to stay long. No sense in starting over from square one if you don't have to.