Hair won't hold a curl!

LawyerBarbie07

Ok ya'll, I have just reached a barely there BS length, and since I hate thin flat hair, I've been trying to curl it with rollers overnight and with rollersetting. But it just won't hold a curl for anything! I tried trimming it but to no avail. Does anyone know why that is? How can I fix it?

TIA

Last edited:

secretrose

LawyerBarbie07 said:
Ok ya'll, I have just reached a barely there BS length, and since I hate thin flat hair, I've been trying to curl it with rollers overnight and with rollersetting. But it just won't hold a curl for anything! Does anyone know why that is? How can I fix it?

TIA

This happens to me when I do too many Deep Conditioning treatments. You should prob cut down the frequency. The hair is too soft and feels kinda mushy. HtH

sareca

I have look like shirley temple in the morning for it to still have curl midday.
A little plain water, water-based moisturizer, or diluted setting lotion on the ends before you roll it helps it curl tighter.

glamazon386

My mom's hair is like this. I agree with Sareca. Add a little wrap lotion or some type of setting lotion to the ends when you roll it. It kind of "Re-sets" the curl so it'll hold.