Hair Won't Dry!!

wyldcurlz

I'd like to try daily CW and air drying but my hair won't dry in a bun or bantu knots!! It takes days! (I tried to dry in a french braid and 3 days later - the hair inside the braid still wasn't dry.) The only thing that worked is drying in multiple braids (like 10-14 knots.)

Any tips or ideas? How are the rest of you air drying successfully?

My hair is the same way. The only thing that works is if I use Paul Mitchell Skinny Shampoo and Conditioner (my hair dries very fast when using this) or , like you, dry in many smaller braids/bantu knots. Also medium-size twists dry much faster (for me) than braids or bantu knots.

Same thing happened to me when I tried out daily CW's. My hair would have a harder and harder time drying to the point where I was doing a CW on slightly moist hair :perplexed . I learned that my hair is extremely porus and that CW's won't work for my hair. I found that washing my hair once a week is better for my hair. But if you want to continue CW's, your hair may need to be clarified or need shampoo every now and then, because buildup can sometimes prevent your hair from drying well. You also may want to aid the drying process by holding a blow dryer from a distance (probably not when your hair is still dripping wet).

Lorraine said:
The same thing happens to me. Are you towel drying then knotting?

Hi Lorraine - by the way, you're hair beautiful and such an inspiration to me!!
I've blotted with a towel, but never really towel dried it fully. Is that what's worked for you?

Have you guys tried microfiber towels to do most of the drying? I haven't either, its just my first thought :ohwell: . Porosity Control conditioner helps my hair dry alot faster though.

Any other ideas from anyone? My hair is thick and dense and I really want to air dry and do daily CW or rinses, but it looks messy and frizzy around the hair line when I try to bun it...and as I said, it won't dry like that. Even the multiple braids take a few days...please help!

thanks

Back