Hair types and pictures

**Jade**

I don't know about ya'll but I need pictures of samples of these hair types b/c I thought I was a 4b but that would mean there are no coils... so ok I though 3b or c or whatever but everybodies hair that I've seen like that well... doesn't look like mine (they have "good" hair... min ain't so good) so does anybody have like a chart with pictures of the hair types? and if not we should make one and have a sticky for all the newbies (like myself)

Whatcha think?

naturalgurl

I just looked at those and :spinning:. Girl, you will find that your type of hair is just that...your type. People type me all of the time.They tell me I have 4a or 3c ALL over. NOPE, I have lots of 4b. I claim 4a/b. I have mostly S curls and waves. No more coils, if I had any. When it's touched, they say I have coarse 3c hair. When it's wet it's 3b/cish, when dry it's 4a/b ish. I really don't know. Some days it's more wavy, others more kinky. You really can't type hair in my opinion. Plus, the more I moisturize and the longer it gets, the texture is changing, so who knows...

anniev2

Hey Jade! i agree...those charts are way too confusing. Just go with what you think and try to get rid of that "good" hair notion. Its hard, we've been taught that all our lives.

naturalgurl

Oh yeah, I have good hair so don't hate...say what? It's 4a/b, yeah, I know, it's good hair! If it's healthy then it's good!