Hair type and Relaxers

lovelexi

Now I know there is a probably a direct correlation between hair types and relaxers but Im in need of some help. I have fine 4a hair. When I do a touch up I want to use a lye relaxer specifically mizani butter blend. I like my hair to be straight but not bone straight. My question is...is there a major difference between mild and normal strength? If so what strength would you recommend for my hair? Sorry no pics of NG. thanks in advance :grin:

Be careful with Mizani. That stuff is strong!

I used mild, and it still took out my nape and edges. Never again.:nono:

I went back to no lye and my hair is getting back on track.:yep:

This is a good question one that I didnot think about.

I have used Mizani BB in reg for my hair but because of the conditioners that are added to this relaxer it took 40 min(smoothing) and I still did not get what I wanted (plus I burned) and I had to smooth alot.

My last relaxer which was in June I used Mizani BB super and I did not smooth, I do the half front back method. My outcome was the front was straighter than the back. I have more 4a in the front and the back is more 4b with the nape moving back to 4a. I had to do a corrective a few weeks later smoothing the front half once and the back half 2x. It is much better, however I think to get what I want I will have to smooth the front 2x(the front edge 1x) and the back 3x ( the very nape 2x). Both sections will get a total of 20 min from start to finish.

My hair is very dense and I have fine med and course strands throughout. I love this relaxer so I want it to work, I will make it work darnit.

Why dont you do strand test to see how it will work for you.

Last edited:
I have fine 4b hair and I use and LOVE Mizani BB regular strength. My hair is not bone straight nor is it texlaxed, also it gets the job done without a lot of manipulation and smoothing. I get my hair touched up at a salon that uses the entire MBB system and I have never had a problem.

I have fine 4b hair and I use and LOVE Mizani BB regular strength. My hair is not bone straight nor is it texlaxed, also it gets the job done without a lot of manipulation and smoothing. I get my hair touched up at a salon that uses the entire MBB system and I have never had a problem.

Exactly!!!!

hmm...looks like i'll try the normal strength. i went to a stylist that used this relaxer on me but she burned me so bad that i dare not go back to her.

I am also fine 4A. I use the mild formula and I also agree, my hair comes out straight but not bone straight. Use the the Mizani bb relaxer and it has completely changed the look of my hair. It is alot fuller and I love it.

Back