Hair sticks together when using Thermal protectant products?

C

chica_canella

Hi everyone. Maybe someone understands what is happening but my hair strands seem to stick together when I use thermal protectant products. I washed my hair with an actuall shampoo, rinsed, dried and applied Thermasilk conditioner then air blow dryed. I use the curler on a very low setting to straighten my bang and it was straight like I wanted, but it lacked that "run your fingers through your hair" feeling. Or swingability.

Any one know of a thermal protectant that won't do this?

nelli711

From reading your post, it sounds like you didn't rinse out the conditioner. If you didn't, that may be the reason why your hair is sticking together.

C

chica_canella

No, I didn't rinse it out because I really wanted to protect my hair.:look: Even when I rinse it out it still feels like this.

But do the regular thermal protectant sprays do this?

FAMUDva

chica_canella said:
No, I didn't rinse it out because I really wanted to protect my hair.:look: Even when I rinse it out it still feels like this.

But do the regular thermal protectant sprays do this?

When was the last time you clarified? You may need to use a clarifying shampoo to get rid of build up.

I don't use spray protectants because the ones I have tried had alcohol. When I have used direct heat I've used Paul Mitchell skinny serum or Fantasia's serum or Dove's cream protectant. All of which you only use a tiny bit and your hair comes out fine. I don't use direct heat much anymore, so others may have better advice.