hair stays natrully curly

Kayanna1212

im asking this question for a friend not for me
She gets perms and her hair was always straight until she starting getting older (35-44)
Her hair has gotten so curly if she gets a perm it gets straight but 5 minutes it returns curly..Flat ironing after perming doesnt work either for her.
I dont no what to tell her nothing is working no treatments or anything..Its just like her hair means its gonna stay curly LOL!!
i have no pictures but its curly in the roots and in the pony.

lilsparkle825

No pictures, huh?...alright, just kidding.

My hair was the same way which is why it didn't matter whether I got relaxers or not.

Dak

Nothing stays the same! Hormone changes for some women will change the texture of their hair. Grey hair will often grow in straighter and thicker.

Perms are usually what people with straight hair do to get their hair curly, is she getting relaxers and not having her hair stay straight? She needs a new stylist.

jazzzmoods

My Mom's hair is the same way. She is a 3B in the back and a 3C mostly everywhere else. Nothing really gets her hair straight for any length of time.

song_of_serenity

Is she in the 3s? It seems just about everyone I know with type 3 hair have some kind of problem keeping their hair straight! It usually keeps some kind of curl even after a relaxer!

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
No pictures, huh?...alright, just kidding.

My hair was the same way which is why it didn't matter whether I got relaxers or not.
Same here.....full blown relaxers just sorta texturized my hair. At first it was pretty wavy but as time went on the curls came back more and more....not full blown natural hair but definetely curly:yep:.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Is she in the 3s? It seems just about everyone I know with type 3 hair have some kind of problem keeping their hair straight! It usually keeps some kind of curl even after a relaxer!
I've noticed this too...it's interesting.

So maybe 4 type hair is more easy to chemically straighten?

NikStarrr

My hair has always been the same way. I even used "super" relaxers in the past and still ended up with texlaxed hair. *shrug*

that_1_grrrl

I've noticed this too...it's interesting.

So maybe 4 type hair is more easy to chemically straighten?

???

I remember reading a thread in here where several 4bers were talking about how hard it was to relax their hair. So, it is a mystery to my why some people can relax so easily, and others can not.

There were ever coarse-hair individuals saying they had no luck relaxing. I have coarse hair, and I had no problem relaxing when I did. The only time I would have a curl pattern was when my hair was wet.

So... it really makes me wonder what the difference is.

lilsparkle825

???

I remember reading a thread in here where several 4bers were talking about how hard it was to relax their hair. So, it is a mystery to my why some people can relax so easily, and others can not.

There were ever coarse-hair individuals saying they had no luck relaxing. I have coarse hair, and I had no problem relaxing when I did. The only time I would have a curl pattern was when my hair was wet.

So... it really makes me wonder what the difference is.
:yep: I wonder as well. I distinctly remember when my aunt (a hairstylist) would try to wet wrap my hair...it would NEVER work.

My mom and sister have type 4 hair (mom is 4a/b, sister is 4b/cNapp) and relaxers would get their hair very straight, it would just break off a few weeks down the line. Perhaps it is not hair type at all, but something else.

honeisos

Me too .. my hair would stay relaxed for a week maybe .. then right back to curly..... looser curls of course .. but that's why I went natural .. it was a waste of time and money all those years of relaxing for me :nono: ..... even now , I do want to relax sometime .. but I know my hair wil revert back .. so why bother :(

diva24

My mom tried everything to get my hair straight. I never understood how some people could get relaxers and thier hair would stay straight. We tried everything from Just For Me to Texturizers to Regular Relaxers to Super Relaxers. The only thing that did straighten my hair out was bleach. When I bleached my hair it got straighter than any rlaxer I ever had but even still my hair was 3a wavy. 40 minutes with a super relaxer on my head and a week later I had curls. Damaged but curly none the less.

adf23

This was me. I finally went natural, and hair behaves the EXACT same way with rollersets, blow outs, etc than it did as a relaxed head. No sense in putting those chemicals on my hair, if they weren't doing anything but damaging the cuticle.

My hair still frizzed, etc.

1QTPie

Elder Sim
im asking this question for a friend not for me
She gets perms and her hair was always straight until she starting getting older (35-44)
Her hair has gotten so curly if she gets a perm it gets straight but 5 minutes it returns curly..Flat ironing after perming doesnt work either for her.
I dont no what to tell her nothing is working no treatments or anything..Its just like her hair means its gonna stay curly LOL!!
i have no pictures but its curly in the roots and in the pony.

My hair was the same way, I would have to burn it straight in order for it to stay relatively straight. My natural hair isn't that far from my relaxed hair texture. I would wash an go and people thought my hair was natural. I stopped fighting it.

anon123

You know, I've noticed this generalization, too. Why is that? I was thinking it's because their hair naturally accepts moisture more so it reverts really quickly? relatively easy to straighten with heat but doesn't stay that way is how i imagine a lot of type 3 hair, though maybe i'm wrong.

Bint Yusef

My Mom's hair is the same way. She is a 3B in the back and a 3C mostly everywhere else. Nothing really gets her hair straight for any length of time.
This is my hair type and relaxers have never gotten my hair straight. My mom used to relax my hair from root to tip every 4 weeks as a child and leave it on double the time. She would even leave out half the creme and pour the whole liquid bottle in, thinking that would make the relaxer stronger. My hair has never been straight from relaxers.

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
This is my hair type and relaxers have never gotten my hair straight. My mom used to relax my hair from root to tip every 4 weeks as a child and leave it on double the time. She would even leave out half the creme and pour the whole liquid bottle in, thinking that would make the relaxer stronger. My hair has never been straight from relaxers.

Ditto. This is the nature of 3 hair most of the time... :yep:

lilree

Your theories make sense. My type 3 DD begged for a relaxer, and when I broken down and took her to get one (she's back natural now) most of her hair was still curly.