Hair Static

cocoabutterfly

I just relaxed my hair with Silk Elements about a week ago for the first time and I've had hair static ever since. I've dealt with this before but only a day or two at the most. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what I can do about it and has anyone experienced this with this product?

Thanks

TwistNMx

:) This is something I found on static.
I ran across this post because I've been getting static since doing henna.
I truly think that this is the time when our hair needs more moisture. I just added more amla oil, but I remember that the hair lotion did work for me.
HTH
http://geocities.com/luvmebabe7/static.html

Isis

I agree with High Priestess. Static in the hair means lack of moisture. Applying a good moisturizing leave-in conditioner on your dry hair should solve the problem.

One quick fix (which I haven't tried) is to run a sheet of fabric softener (like Bounce) down the length of your hair, which immediately removes any static.

atlien11

Not sure what style you are wearing or if this suggesting this would ruin it but i heard to wet your comb and run it through your hair. Or lightly mist your hair with a spray bottle and comb through.

Crissi

AND USE A RUBBER COMB, THEY MINIMIZE STATIC, I ALWAYS USETO GET STATICS AND SNAPPING/EXCESSIVE SHEDDING AND BREAKAGE BUT NOW THAT I GOT A RUBBER COME I DONT HAVE THAT PROBLMEM. HTH

CRISSI