Hair Retention

beans4reezy

Hi Ladies,

This might be a stupid question, but I am new on my journey here. But, how do you ladies measure hair retention? I started using OCT and noticed a shocking increase in hair growth (seriously, like half an inch after 2 WEEKS OF USE!! And no, my hair is the slowest growing of all time :wallbash:). But before I get too happy about this, I want to be sure that I am keeping most of it....so how do you all measure if you are keeping your hair enough to make an impact on length?

Thanks in advance gals! I am SO HAPPY to have found this wonderful community!

JustKiya

I measure retention based on breakage - the less breakage I have, the more retention I have. As my hair has gotten longer, it's much easier to tell the difference between breakage and shedding, since the shed hairs are always much longer than the broken ones. :yep:

Same here, I can tell shedding from breakage, and I'm doing a lil bit shedding, but not a lot, and I'm using OCT too, but I just started, so I don't see anything yet, usually when your length starts to get thinner it is from breakage(well mine does that when my hair is breaking), so I try to prevent that.