Hair One- Cleansing Cream (Sally's Version of Wen)

luvmesumhair

Has anyone tried all 4? I'm guessing the Olive Oil would the moisturizing one stating it's for dry damaged hair?

I just called Sally's and they said they just got them in...I'm going to try to go today before they're sold out.
What area do you live in?

blazingthru

How can you tell if its better then WEN if you hadn't tried it yet. I am confused forgive me if I over looked anything, I am not trying to offend. but I use WEN and I absolutely love it. I love everything about it but truthfully the other stuff it comes with I don't use or like. I just like the conditoner. I like the way my hair response the silkieness of it the way it lays I dont' even need gel to hold my hair down anymore. I would love to try Sallys' but I need to hear some kind of feedback from someone that has compared the two.

Nice & Wavy

Isn't Propene Glycol not good for the hair/skin?

Correct me if I'm wrong...please.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Propylene Glycol[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A cosmetic form of mineral oil found in automatic brake and hydraulic fluid and industrial antifreeze. In the skin and hair, propylene glycol works as a humescent, which causes retention of moisture content of skin or cosmetic products by preventing the escape of moisture or water. The Material Safety Data Sheet warns users to avoid skin contact with propylene glycol as this strong skin irritant can cause liver abnormalities and kidney damage.[/FONT]
[/FONT]

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
Ooooh you did the big chop! I agree with sunshine, it is simply :gorgeous:.

Thank you too, Aggie.

I'm very excited about trying this product, but I'm also interested in hearing some feedback from WEN users to see how they compare.

I'm still going to get this no matter what though ... because ... errrrr ... ummmm ... that's just how I roll. :look:

PJ's UNITE!!

Aggie

Thank you too, Aggie.

I'm very excited about trying this product, but I'm also interested in hearing some feedback from WEN users to see how they compare.

I'm still going to get this no matter what though ... because ... errrrr ... ummmm ... that's just how I roll. :look:

PJ's UNITE!![/quote]

:lachen:I'm with ya TD:yep:.

TwoKaylas

:ohsnap: Dang y'all! This is NOT helping my PJism! I was already planning a Sally's trip, guess I'll be adding this product to my list... :rolleyes:

Nice & Wavy

here's a link to what propylene glycol is and what other products has it in them, you'll be shocked...http://antiagingchoices.com/harmful_ingredients/propylene_glycol.htm. Shoots, seems like I've been using this all my life, even from when I was a baby:look:.

Geez, Aggie:nono:....I didn't like this part:
A published clinical review showed propylene glycol causes a significant number of reactions and was a primary irritant to the skin even in low levels of concentrations.

The American Academy of Dermatologists, Inc; Jan. 1991

I'm getting irritated now....:lachen:

*Frisky*

here's a link to what propylene glycol is and what other products has it in them, you'll be shocked...http://antiagingchoices.com/harmful_ingredients/propylene_glycol.htm. Shoots, seems like I've been using this all my life, even from when I was a baby:look:.

It it in pertty much everything...I just looked at 4 different lotions and some NTM Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave In cream that I have on my desk and they all have it in them.

ETA: It is even in contact solution.....wow

Last edited:

JerriBlank

Wen doesn't have propylene glycol that high up on the list does it?
And i don't think it has all of those other these towards the end:

behentrimonium methosulfate, BHT, Polysorbate 60, PEG 60 almond dimethylamine, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, citric acid, disodium EDTA, 1, 2-hexanediol and caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, sorbic acid, fragrance

These(except for the citric acid)make a big difference to me.

Can any wen users let me know how this goes?

WomanlyCharm

If my Sally's has it, I'll pick some up this afternoon.

I love my Wen, but if I can find something just as good at half the price, I'm all over it. :yep:

I'll wash my hair tonight or in the morning and report back.

~*Tigget*~

Girrrrrrrl! Thank you so much...

off to Sally's

After reading some of the Wen thread I found out Sally's had their version of Wen Cleansing Cream- like any good PJ I promptly took myself to Sally's and bought it yesterday. I bought the Jojoba Oil one. I used it last night and I have to say........I loved it. I used it to cleanse my hair, and also as a leave in. This stuff instantly smoothed out my hair, and my airdried hair feels soooo soft- almost like it's not my hair.

I get the hype now. I bought this as a preemptive strike to not buy Wen. But the results were so good, now I can't stop thinking about the Wen and wondering how it compares to the Hair One.

Has anyone tried both products-What are you thoughts?

Also for those that have tried Hair One what did you think?

ETA: The ingredients are very similar between these two products BTW.

View Larger

Hair One Tea Tree Cleansing Conditioner

By: Fiske

Size: 12 oz.
Type: Dry Scalp - Tea Tree

Hair One Tea Tree Cleansing Conditioner

Introducing Hair One ... a salon quality product that provides a new all natural approach to hair care and hair detox that leaves hair cleansed, conditioned and in optimum shape. Hair one Cleanser Conditioner has no damaging detergents and harsh chemical; it's made with an elixir of natural herms and oils that clean with astringent and antibacterial properties through a luxurious, penetrating cream without the stripping of detergents, hair is left with remarkable shine, moisture, manageability and polish. With continued use Hair One Cleanser Conditioner will stimulate the scalp, promoting better blood circulation, allowing for healthier hair growth and prevention of hair loss. Available in four formulations. Normal Hair: Designed for normal problem free hair. Color Treated: Prevents premature fading of color. Dry, Damaged: Undos damage from chemical treatments. Dry Scalp: Helps heal scalp damage while restoring suppleness and manageability. Type
Normal Hair -Cucumber Color Treated Hair - Jojoba Dry Damaged Hair - Olive Oil Dry Scalp - Tea Tree

Sally Item #: SBS-737100
In Stores Only

Regular Price: $10.99 With Beauty Club Card: $9.99

jazzyto

This is insanity, I was just in Sally's yesterday and bought some silk elements megasilk, braid spray and CON. Today at lunch I bought Giovanni Smooth as silk. If I would have seen this thread yesterday I would have looked for this stuff in Sally's. Im buying conditioners faster than I can use them. I have got to stay off this forum!!!

Aggie

Geez, Aggie:nono:....I didn't like this part:
A published clinical review showed propylene glycol causes a significant number of reactions and was a primary irritant to the skin even in low levels of concentrations.

The American Academy of Dermatologists, Inc; Jan. 1991

I'm getting irritated now....:lachen:

:lachen::lachen:, you are too funny!

This company have their own hair products too!

Looks good....:lick:
Yeah I saw that too. I'll check them out later I think.

It it in pertty much everything...I just looked at 4 different lotions and some NTM Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave In cream that I have on my desk and they all have it in them.

ETA: It is even in contact solution.....wow
I noticed that too. It's in some of the best products we use on both our skin and hair. It's so hard to even try to avoid. I mean think about it, if you could find a nice product without PG in it, it will most likely have some other ingredient that's bad for us - go figure! I wonder if there really is a way around it.....maybe go completely organic??? IDK.

Aggie

wen has amodimethicone in it's ingredients too

True. Like I said before, if we try to avoid one ingredient in a product, we will find countless other ingredients in other products that should be avoided as well. So I guess what we will have to decide is to take the least of the two evils and run with that:look:.

Bottom line is...I still want to try it.

Aggie

:cantlook: "I will not buy anything until January, I will not buy anything until January..."

Gurl Nubianqt, get a pass and go get some of this. Didn't yu hear...Sally's can't keep this on the shelves. So if you see some, you'd better get it while they're there. Do or die girl, do or die:lachen:.

LivingDoll

I think the WEN Styling Creme has proplyene (sp?) glycol in it but I'll have to check.

Last edited: