Hair growth

mary

Has anyone every used wash n wear by Jazma or tried the ultra black hair growth by Cathy Howse. I am currently wearing my hair natural about 6 inches long and I am having a time trying to keep it moisturized and curly, otherwise it is a puffy afro. Need helpful suggestions. My hair came out 2 years ago and I had it cut to 1/2 inch. At the time I had the Wave Nouveau. It is currently still weak so no perm for a while.

Nonie

Mary, my hair is natural too but I wear it in braids as I don't think I could manage it out of braids...well not just yet. I have used Cathy Howse's conditioner and Dew Moisturizer and I love them. Mind you, until I read her book and discovered this forum, I assumed a 3-minute conditioner in the shower was all I needed to do and that I was down with the program. So hers is the first conditioner I've used the way I ought to have been doing, that is, since my relaxer days when I'd deep-condition using Cholesterol or the like. So I am probably not the best person to give an opinion as I haven't tried anything else. But so far I have no complaints.

I am compiling a wish list from all the "Hits" I'm reading about and if I do discover something that's a miracle worker, I'll let you know.

Princess_J

I am currently using a modified version of the UBHG by Cathy Howse.

www.picturetrail.com
Album: Princess_J

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
I find that doing daily conditioner washes is softening up my natural hair. I am in that transitioning phase with about 3 inches of new growth. It is so soft now.

mary

Sorry this is a very late response, but I still have not mastered using this site. Thank you for your response

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
mary said:
What is a Dominican blowout?

[/ QUOTE ]

The stylists will roller set your hair and you sit under the hooded dryer until it's dry. She then takes a hot blowdryer and brush and uses the heat of the dryer and tension of the brush to get the hair very straight moving the heat of the dryer up and down the hair shaft all the while. The heat is very hot and if the stylist is not careful the scalp can be burned. The overall results are incredible body and bounce. HTH