Hair growth products in Essence????

Relentless

Reinventing
Hello Ladies,

I was looking in the new Essence magazine and two growth products caught my eye.

Has anyone tried these two products for hair growth?

Platinum Growth Serum www.PlatinumGrowthSystem.com

or UBH by founder Cathy Howse www.ultrablackhair.com

Your thoughts?

*CherryPie*

I've seen folks talk about UBH around here.

OT, Cathy Howse's hair doesn't look that great to me. Now, Wannakee's is gorgeous!

....that was just a thought....sorry for hijacking. :look:

lwilliams1922

I was buying UBH products a few years ago. Thet were o.k. I stopped using them cause she was a bit snippy in her communication. At first I thought it was just me then I heard others having similar expieriences so I just stopped buying.

Victorian

old head
That platinum growth system is screaming "snake oil" ...bad website design, exaggerated claims, and terrible writing don't make me trust spending $40 on some "Rapid Growth Scalp Serum" with "extreme botanicals." What exactly are "extreme botanicals"? Do they cliff dive or something? :lol:

*CherryPie*

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

That platinum growth system is screaming "snake oil" ...bad website design, exaggerated claims, and terrible writing don't make me trust spending $40 on some "Rapid Growth Scalp Serum" with "extreme botanicals." What exactly are "extreme botanicals"? Do they cliff dive or something? :lol:

belldandy

ubh is okay...i bought the conditioner once, it was minty. i can add peppermint oil to any condish though

blkgurl2008

I saw UBH's ad. It said guaranteed 6 inches one year from now. I thought that was stupid. Average hair grows 6 inches a year, so all she can really say is put your hair in a bun and protect your ends. I can tell anyone that for free.

Jetblackhair

I've used the UBH products. Even though Dew is supposed to be a light moisturizer, I used it for detangling and I really liked it. I no longer use it though because Mane N Tail works just as well.

I've also used the Lotion Cream Moisturizer but it didn't provide enough moisture for my hair.

I still have the conditioner on hand as I use it as a protein treatment (this conditioner leans on the protein side).

I would have to say technique and protective styling is what helped me the most to retain length. The products did not help my hair to grow faster.

HTH

beans4reezy

I ordered UBH's moisturizer and conditioner after reading her book. They were so-so (I think I ended up giving away the conditioner). I can find better working products at my neighborhood pharmacy.

Vashti

It's amazing the expensive things that are sold to women for hair growth when all they really need is the correct information to do it themselves.

GreenD

Sorry to venture off topic, but did you see Ya-Ya's hair!! OMG!! :drool: I think I'll have to tear the pages out and post on my mirror for inspiration. Sorry, but I just had to post that!! :spinning:

But to answer your question, I probably won't bother with much of that stuff in the back of the magazine. It all seems fake to me. Don't waste your time or money.