hair growth pills, need your halp ladies!!

L.Brown1114

hey ladies!! i am a transitioner, just thought i should throw that in :spinning:
anywho i wanted to ask if you guys knew of any pills to help grow hair? i grow hair in places where im not suppose to have it :wallbash: so i am afraid if i take them my hair will also grow quickly and thickly in those places also. does anyone know a way around it or am i misinformed?? i also read about a shake someone posted they drink for longer healthier hair but it had raw egg and im not down with that so what would be a good alternative?? thanks in advance!!

Pooks

Hey, people have reported some good results from Biotin and or MSM, but beware there are also lots of ladies who had negative side effects so you'll need to do your research to make an informed decision. There are many threads on both of these, do a search.

How's your diet in general? Getting your fruits and veggies? Are you exercising, drinking enough water? You can do a lot to optimise your growth rate through these means without or alongside a hair-focused vitamin regime :yep:

Angelicus

Hey! Just eat right, exercise, and take a multivitamin if you can. Don't expect your hair to grow great lengths in the wintertime, as a lot of us grow hair slower at this time. Eat stuff with lots of "B" vitamins, like collard greens. Remember that simple carbs convert into sugar, which may inhibit hair growth. HTH!

poookie

gnc has a good hair skin and nails vitamin. i took it for a number of months, and had good results with it. my skin was clear, nails grew in strong, the whole 9 yards. however, i stopped taking it because of the MSM.

one side effect of MSM is very vivid dreams. it also made me sleepy & lethargic during the day, which led to more dreams. it got to the point where i'd dream during my naps. some people don't mind, but i went from never remembering a single one of my dreams before the supplement to having nightmares every single night :nono:

since then, i've stopped taking GNC's hair skin & nails vitamin, & started on 7,500 mcg. of biotin daily.

for you, OP, if you don't mind the side effects of msm, look for a vitamin targeted towards hair, skin, & nail growth. gnc 's pills are very easy to swallow, i believe target has a generic version as well.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Silica, gelatin, fo-ti, biotin, gotu kola, l-cystiene... That's all I can think of for now

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Would that be the Waistlength Cocktail? If so, it works very well. The egg is the active ingredient, but some have used egg powder as a substitute.

sheba1

That egg cocktail is :lick:

I take Viviscal but I haven't straightened my hair since I began. I have a few egg cocktails a week, also. It really is yummy to me; and keeps me focused and strong.

I don't know how my hair is growing with the Viviscal. I bought 6 months worth (for the price of 4 months worth) and I plan to do a big reveal when I've used it all up in March 2010. Veejee said that it worked well for her when she used it to get to waist length some time back. She said she stopped taking it when she reached her goal but that it worked well for her. She said that she would take it again if she decided to grow back to waist quickly.

L.Brown1114

Would that be the Waistlength Cocktail? If so, it works very well. The egg is the active ingredient, but some have used egg powder as a substitute.

YESSS this is what i was talking about. thank you i will substitute the egg with egg powder!! :yep:
but did you notice quicker hair growth everywhere else too??

Platinum

:welcome4::newbie:

The other ladies have given great advice but I want to add that you should also increase your water intake as well. Especially if you're taking Biotin (alot of ladies have reported acne as a side-effect).

I have taken a hair vitamin in the past called "Ultra Hair" and it was pretty good. You can find it at Vitamin Shoppe, GNC, and the health food stores.

C@ssandr@

formerly known as "keyawarren"
My regular multivitamin (vitamin world) and 5,000 of biotin has worked wonders for me. i do get "extra" hair (some fuzz between my brows???) in alot of places but it's nothing that a little shaving cream can't fix...