birth control pills for hair growth

cabosquad

Hi guys

I read somewhere that if you take birth control pills and smash them so that it becomes a powder and put it in your shampoo or conditioner that it makes your hair grow

They say that the oestrogen in the pill makes your hair grow
It sounds logical to me because woman's hair grows faster than a man's hair

Has anybody tries this? What are your thoughts about it?
Is anybody ready to try this so that we can see if it actually works ?

Allandra

I have never heard of this. Where did you hear this at? If on the internet, do you have a link for the web site? I don't take birth control pills, but if I did, I wouldn't use them for this. Also, if it were true, I think hair care products would come with this in it as an ingredient.

kandyland

Yeah I would also be interested in the website you obtained that on bcuz I have a few packs of BC left from when I stopped taking them....(They were blowing me up
) so if that is true, that'll be a good way to put them to use....

beana3

many birth control pills warn that increased hair shedding may be a side effect. I have never heard the opposite.

Brownie

[ QUOTE ]
many birth control pills warn that increased hair shedding may be a side effect. I have never heard the opposite.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have seen---loss of (some) scalp hair---on the package of birth control pills.

cabosquad

I'm sorry Allandra and Kandyland but I couldn't find it

I read this on a Dutch forum last year but I couldn't find it in the archives

But I saved a part where that woman was explaining it (sorry if it isn't translated correctly)
"Here comes a tip from a Colombian friend of mine. Healthy??
I don't know it doesn't seem unhealthy to me, but it works!
Take 3 pills and smash them, put it in your shampoo bottle, shake well and voila. Wash your hair like usual, the hair really grows!! I still had a bunch of those pills because now I use a (I don't know how to translate this, but it is another contraceptive) so they became useful afterall!
I've been doing this for a month now and people are telling me how fast my hair is growing."

I hope this was useful

beana3

[ QUOTE ]

Take 3 pills and smash them, put it in your shampoo bottle, shake well and voila. Wash your hair like usual, the hair really grows!!

[/ QUOTE ]

actually i HAVE heard of this.. I've never tried it though.