Hair growth indicated by longer, stronger nails?????

tsturnbu

Hey ladies,

I am in braids right now, so it is very hard to tell how much my hair has grown. but, i started my vitamin regime last month, and since then, my nails have grown longer and stronger. i mean, i have always had thin nails that would break easily and therefore never retain lenght. however, since i have been taking my vitamins, my nails have been rock hard. not to gross u out, but i always bite my nails, and now i have to struggle to bite them off because they are so hard. this is giving me encouragement because if the vitamins are making my nails stronger and grow longer, surely it must be doing the same to my hair.

What are your thoughts? Has anyone else noticed longer, stronger nails when taking vitamins, and did your hair growth and hair health experience similar results?

Jaegermany

I think that if you notice your nails growing as a result of vitamin intake, its a sign that your nails have grown.

I dont believe it can be assumed that your hair will have the same results.

My nails are fabulous right now and my hair growth is coming along but not at the same pace as my nails....

dillard

i noticed the same thing. i always had fast growing nails but after starting my vitamins, i noticed my nails were whiter, harder and shinier, they look like i just buffed them or something. and my hair did grow a lot so i guess my nails were a sign of something going on....:yep:

BlueEra

For a long time, my nails began to grow at a faster pace and also became thicker and stronger, but my hair growth remained the same. When I started taking vitamins for healthy hair and nails, my hair grew faster but my nails continued to grow at the same rate.

I think it depends on the person, but I have noticed very little difference in correlation with the two.

jazzyblue

Hair, (skin) and nails are visible indicators of a person's health. Hair and nails are both composed of keratin protein layers, and benefit from the same/similar nutrients. I think that's why many vitamins for hair, also include skin and nails, (as they are all going to benefit). While I don't know if stronger, longer nails is indicative of faster hair growth, I would defnitely say it is likely that your hair too, is growing in stronger and healthier!

Blackoutzangel05

I think that if you notice your nails growing as a result of vitamin intake, its a sign that your nails have grown.

I dont believe it can be assumed that your hair will have the same results.

My nails are fabulous right now and my hair growth is coming along but not at the same pace as my nails....

I agree I wouldn't take one to mean that the other is growing. My nails are doing great right now since I have been following my vitamin regimen but I don't believe that equates to my hair is growing.

LuvLiLocks

I guess to each his own, but my nails flourishing have never been related to my hair. My nails are always long strong and healthy. Continuosly growing, and I'm always looking at them and saying "if only my hair grew out this quickly" :ohwell:

temfash

i noticed the same thing. i always had fast growing nails but after starting my vitamins, i noticed my nails were whiter, harder and shinier, they look like i just buffed them or something. and my hair did grow a lot so i guess my nails were a sign of something going on....:yep:

I agree even though my nails grow fast they were always brittle. Since I started a consistent vitamin regimen of a multi and flaxseed my nails seem rock hard.

glamazon386

For me they're not related. My nails have always grown ridiculously long but my hair was at a stand still for years.