Hair Growing Process: I'm confused

rai

Hair Growing Process: I\'m confused

Okay,I understand that the average person hair strand life cycle is 2 years. But, if this is so, how is anyone supposed to get to waist length hair if the average person hair grows at a rate of 0.5 inch/month. The way I see it, the hair would have shedded before it can even pass 13 inches (unless of course you're averaging 1 inch/month or have a really long growing period). By the way waistlength hair is not my goal. A good 12 inches all around and I would be happy
grin.gif

I hope this question makes sense to someone. I've been thinking about this for a while,so is there something I'm missing?
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Thanks for your help in advance

Re: Hair Growing Process: I\'m confused

Thanks. Oh, I hope mine is at least 4 years, but knowing my luck it's probably 2. Is there anyway of actually determining the length of one's growing cycle?

Not really, unless you look at it from a genetic standpint. But then you really dont know from that because the people in your family may have not taken good care of their hair to achieve significant length anyway. Maybe if you never trimmed your hair, you could figure it out?
confused.gif

I have no clue what mines is because of breakage, trimming, and shedding. Im hoping that mines is at least three to four years
smile.gif

2-6 years is just an AVERAGE.
wink.gif

There could be people whose hair strands last less than 2 years or even more than 6 years!
smile.gif

bumping.Thanks ayeshia and poohbear for your response.

Come on ladies, I know ya'll have more information.
smile.gif

I guess I'm just worried if my cycle last less than 2 years.
frown.gif

I definately have more than a two year period. I've been growing my hair out for about 2 years and it's still going on strong, I hope I can squeeze another year or two out.

Back