Hair Dryer recommendations PLEASE!!!!

marie

I am in desperate need of a new hood hairdryer. I currently have an old Carel hood dryer that is slow and loud!!! I have brastrap length hair, so it takes about an 1 1/2 hours to dry my hair. It sits on a table so I have to find a table with the correct height to sit so my hair is fully covered. I would love a Pibbs but I don't have that kind of money. Does anyone have a good dryer that you are currently using that you can recommend? I would love one on wheels. Thanks!!!!!!!

nicki6

Pibbs 514 all the way!!:thumbsup:

Faster drying time and fits in my downstairs closet. Do a search on it here and you'll see plenty of threads about it!

ETA: Sowwy!!...reading is fundameental.:wallbash:

MiWay

I have a Gold n Hot that I'm totally happy with. I've had it for years, paid like $30 for it, and it completely dries my hair in an hour.

PeggyFair

I bought a vintage soft bonnet dryer off Ebay that was practically new. But I still have my Conair hooded dryer that I got from Target last year(I just checked the website and it seems they no longer carry it) I just can't stand how the traditional hooded dryers make me so hot. At least the soft bonnet keeps the heat concentrated on the hair only, which is what I like about it.

*Frisky*

I have a Pebco hooded dryer and a few vintage soft bonnet dryers..the Pebco dries my hair in about 45 minutes in a rollerset.

Last edited:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I have the Hot Tools Tourmaline Ionic Rollaround Dryer and I really like it (plus it's cute! :giggle: People always compliment my baby when they see her :grin: )

I have thick APL hair, and my hair gets dry in 50 minutes when I rollerset :yep: Last time I checked, this site that sells it for 99 bucks www.metrobeauty.com

MizzBrown

You can spend a car note on that Pibbs if you want but there are lots of other alternatives. PLUS, that Pibbs doesnt come with a good enough warranty with that price tag, IMO. What you gonna do when your $300 hair dryer conks out like one of the members did recently?

I use this one from walmart for under $30

And before that i used this one:

The walmart one gets HOT AS HELL! Its a Select Pro brand and gets me dry in about an hour and 15 minutes. Packs up nicely. Doesnt hog up space, I lay in my bed and surf the net with it and watch TV.

Last edited:

foxieroxienyc

After my Hot Tools Tourmaline Hooded Dryer BROKE after only 2 mons of use, I invested in an Andis Color Waves Tourmaline/Ionic Dryer and never looked back! Its a really great dryer and cost me @ $40. I purchased the Gold and Hot Hooded Dryer attatchment piece for $8 and that's how I DC and set my hair with rollers, flexirods, braidouts, etc etc etc. It's been great. I do however recommend that you get one of those knit/mesh thin scarves - like Macherieamour wears to secure her rollers down in her videos - because the bonnet can slip off if you try to wear it with a plastic cap. I love that I can use the regular dryer if I need to blow out my roots and just put the piece on to make it hooded.

They have two colors, a greenish one and a gold one. I have the gold one!