HAIR CARE WHILE ON VACATION!!!

Wolftrap

I will be leaving Friday for a 9 day cruise (what am I gonna do without the board for that long) /images/graemlins/tongue.gif. Anyway. I will be in the pool and in sea water often. Are there any tips you ladies can give me to keep my hair healthy while on vacation. Are there any good shampoos or regimines I should follow for getting sea water and chlorine out of my hair? Also are there any easy to maintain hairstyles? I don't have time to get my hair braided before vacation. Thanks for you help!

9 days??!! Wow, I'm sooo jealous!! You'll have a ball... is this your first cruise??

When I cruised in June, I did loose air-dries and twist-outs the whole week, and my hair did just fine. You can even just shampoo and/or condition every morning or night and just wear a bun (or a ponytail if your hair is long enough) some days. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

The only thing you really have to worry about is your hair getting dried out from the sun. /images/graemlins/perplexed.gif

Yes this is my first cruise. I'm mad though because all the ports we were supposed to go to were devastated from the hurricane so they are taking us to alternative islands. All places I have been before!!! I'm so mad about that.

How did you wear your hair in twistouts? Did it dry by the time you were ready to go out? If I am in and out of the water everyday it seems like my hair will never be dry. Is there anything to put on it so it is not dried out by the sun too? My hair is long enough for a ponytail but I just didn't want to look back on my cruise photos and see my hair in a ponytail in every picture. The twistout thing seems like my hair will never dry in enough time to go anywhere.

Put conditioner on your hair before getting into the pool or seawater. It provides a layer of protection.

[ QUOTE ]
Put conditioner on your hair before getting into the pool or seawater. It provides a layer of protection.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this on dry hair? put the conditoner in? And then afterwards I just wash as usual?

Yep on dry hair! Then just /images/graemlins/drowning.gif and have a good ole' time.
I used Pink Oil Sheen, when I was in Arizona, it contains sunscreen.

I wore a loose air dry during the day (if I was going to be swimming) then at night I would twist it up... so I'd start the day with a twist-out. (Kind of a waste of time twisting at night if you'll be spending the day in the water, but some days I didn't get my hair wet... )

It's nice to wear a twist-out as opposed to a wash n go when taking the formal night pictures!! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wow, a cruise! I hope to be going on my first one sometime next year. Have fun and please let us know how it went.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this on dry hair? put the conditoner in? And then afterwards I just wash as usual?

[/ QUOTE ]

See I heard to wet your hair first then add conditioner to your hair. Something about your hair already being wet so it won't absorb the chlorine.

[ QUOTE ]
See I heard to wet your hair first then add conditioner to your hair. Something about your hair already being wet so it won't absorb the chlorine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I just read that today in a magazine. Wetting your hair with plain water before going into the pool will keep the chlorine from penetrating your hair as much. Put conditioner onto your wet hair and that will help even more. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Enjoy your cruise. I am going on mine the first week of December. I think I am getting a sew in weave. Usually I end up taking a blowdryer and tons of rollers and curling irons. I am going the easy route this time. I would suggest keeping your hair really moisturized. Have you tried aloe rid by nexxus. I used this shampoo alot to get rid of the chlorine in my hair when I used to swim alot. It works pretty good.

Off topic but what islands are you going to?

Back