My shedding just suddenly stopped!

sweetcashew

:eek: I put a semi permanent rinse in my hair two days ago. A very minimal amount of hair came out in the shower and I saw maybe 5 strands during blow drying, flat-ironing and wrapping.
Could it possibly have been the dye? I haven't dyed my hair since I started shedding so badly because I was basically scared. I think this might have actually helped.
For the last two days I'm not seeing a single strand in the comb or coming out on my clothes. Gosh I'm so happy about this. Finally!!!!!!!!!!
Just thought I'd share.:D

I know you must be relieved! I recently bought some Alter Ego Cren to help me ,but I have a sneaking suspicion that grease is what my hair wants!:eek:

I'm so happy for you!!! I'm still waiting on that miracle. Per another shedding thread, I called my docs office to find out if they checked my iron levels the last time I was in and she did say that they blood work indicated that I am NOT anemic so at least that's one possibility I can X off the list. Tomorrow I'm going to have my thyroid checked. GOODNESS! I can't believe this. I'm wondering if its been some sort of stress but I don't "feel" stressed. Oh well...I ordered Essations today so hopefully, that'll do the trick.

I'm so happy for you too Sweetcashew! :clapping: I didn't know dyes can do that. I'm learning something new!

sweetcashew said:
:eek: I put a semi permanent rinse in my hair two days ago. A very minimal amount of hair came out in the shower and I saw maybe 5 strands during blow drying, flat-ironing and wrapping.
Could it possibly have been the dye? I haven't dyed my hair since I started shedding so badly because I was basically scared. I think this might have actually helped.
For the last two days I'm not seeing a single strand in the comb or coming out on my clothes. Gosh I'm so happy about this. Finally!!!!!!!!!!
Just thought I'd share.:D
Praise God!! Yay! :D :clap:

Isis said:
I'm so happy for you too Sweetcashew! :clapping: I didn't know dyes can do that. I'm learning something new!

Me neither. I'm guessing that's what did the trick because it's the only thing I used that was different on wash day. I'm still shocked. Let me see what happens the next time I wash and don't dye.

Glad to hear that.:) Sounds like you may have needed a stronger conditioner, dye and hair color usually have good conditioners in them. The ones that really work.

ISIS - Child your hair is sick (that's good thing). I can't even imagine how you would comb hair that thick out.:confused:

I am also having a shedding issue. I looked to make sure that it is shedding and not breaking. My strands are the length of my hair and there is a white tip. So,I guess it is shedding. It is driving me crazy. My hairdresser used a hypertex protein treatment on it. I go to the salon once a week. So,hopefully the shedding will stop.
Anywho, how long does seasonal shedding last?

Max2004 said:
I am also having a shedding issue. I looked to make sure that it is shedding and not breaking. My strands are the length of my hair and there is a white tip. So,I guess it is shedding. It is driving me crazy. My hairdresser used a hypertex protein treatment on it. I go to the salon once a week. So,hopefully the shedding will stop.
Anywho, how long does seasonal shedding last?[/quote]

I wish I knew. Mine lasted from the beginning of July to the middle of Oct. so that would be about 3.5 months.

shalom said:
Glad to hear that.:) Sounds like you may have needed a stronger conditioner, dye and hair color usually have good conditioners in them. The ones that really work.

ISIS - Child your hair is sick (that's good thing). I can't even imagine how you would comb hair that thick out.:confused:

Thanks Shalom. The picture was taken just after I combed it out under the shower and stepped out. There are no tangles. After I apply my leave-in and roll my hair up to dry, I don't comb it again until next wash day. :)

Congratulations, do you think it's the protein? When I was getting rinses (Sebastian's Colourshines) more frequently, I too noticed less shedding and stronger strands. My hair could withstand heat better as well.

Max2004 said:
Anywho, how long does seasonal shedding last?

Not to alarm you, but you may want to seek assistance from a dermatologist.

My hair shed like yours, with the 'white tip'. The white tip is you hair folicle (so I was told), so you are shedding from the root. It may (or may not) cause balding or alopecia (I'm dealing with THAT now!). I'm not bald, but I do have a thinning area, and it would be right in the very top front of my head!

It may not be anything to worry about, but better safe than sorry.

dynamic1 said:
Congratulations, do you think it's the protein? When I was getting rinses (Sebastian's Colourshines) more frequently, I too noticed less shedding and stronger strands. My hair could withstand heat better as well.

I have noticed the same. It does seem to me that when I get frequent rinses my hair does seem stronger and more moisturized. I guess I just learned something new.

Back