Growing pains

candychild45

Does anyone else have the problem of an extremely sore scalp while getting new growth. My scalp literally pains me when my hair starts to grow in. I got my hair permed on the 21st of February and my hiar is groing in already and Im in so much agony right now. Does anyone know of a technique to ease the tenderness?

ngaa

back in the day wen i used to relax my air i found that my scalp was tender as i got growth coz i was combin n my kinky hair didnt like gettin combed often so i then started applyin some africa best olive oil or ors olive oil to the growth coz it moistened the hair and made it MUCH easier to comb /images/graemlins/smile.gif

mayb u can try this

ngaa hth /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

candychild45

its not hard to comb, not at all, my hair is very soft , its just the tightness of my scalp when my hair starts to grow that kills me, its really painful, I go through this every month but this month it just feels worse

ngaa

oh sorry i thot u meant that it was hard to comb, well i cant really help then, sorry /images/graemlins/look.gif

ngaa /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

Armyqt

I don't have this problem, but it sure does sound like you're getting some good growth /images/graemlins/up.gif. Many essential oils, such as rosemary, sage, ylang, ylang, peppermint, lavendar and bergamot are known for it's soothing properties. Maybe you can try one or a few of these in your hot oil treatments and see if they give you some relief.

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
It could be that the rosemary is causing the problem. Does it still hurt if you don't use it? I used it in a hot oil mixture in the past and it irritated my scalp. My scalp was itching horribly and I couldn't stand it. It took me a little while to figure out that it was the rosemary.

candychild45

It always been like this, I just recently started using rosemary oil and it still hurts regardless of whether Im using it or not. I know the tightness will go away in another two weeks or so but in the mean time to I need something to combat that sore feeling of the scalp.

G

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Karonica said:
My hair just itches like crazy when it is growing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang, girl! Mine's too!!!!! LOL /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif (lol at "mine's", that's funny right?)