Growing Pains-can you tell when your hair is......

SherryLove

Ok, when my hair is in a serious growing stage, my scalp gets tender, sore, and itchy......It is hard to style my hair, and I cannot stop scratching my scalp for the life of me.......Aloe vera soothes it some. It can get so bad I sometimes have to put off getting a touch up to the following week.......
My mom who also has relaxed growing hair does not experience this at all... Her hair texture is 3b/3c... I was wondering if this has anything to with the thicker hair texture pushing through the scalp.... Any of you do or do not experience growing pains????????? Talk to me...

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Sometimes I experience the itching that you describe. I just try to pat my way through it. Meaning pat my head instead of scratching. I seems like it is usually in the summer when my hair grows the fastest. I have never had to put off a relaxer though!

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes I experience the itching that you describe. I just try to pat my way through it. Meaning pat my head instead of scratching. I seems like it is usually in the summer when my hair grows the fastest. I have never had to put off a relaxer though!

[/ QUOTE ]

Patting can turn into banging for me>>>>>>

Chipmunk

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, when my hair is in a serious growing stage, my scalp gets tender, sore, and itchy......

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope that is what's going on with my hair now, because my scalp is very tender.

Yes I do get an itchy and sore scalp while it's growing.

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, when my hair is in a serious growing stage, my scalp gets tender, sore, and itchy......

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope that is what's going on with my hair now, because my scalp is very tender.

Yes I do get an itchy and sore scalp while it's growing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Grow, chipmunk, Grow......

NYCchild

is that what this is??.. well last nite i could not stop itching my head. i was like going crazy - i asked hubby to look on my scalp if he saw any flakes or anything. he said my scalp was as clean as a whistle. ok... i scratched and started to see red on my nails and so changed to patting (to the point of banging)
and screamed at him to look again - telling him he was not looking good.

anyways, my head also felt like it was 'growing' yeah the scalp just felt like it was kinda pumping up and down.

sorry to be so descriptive. but this post is so ontime - i thought id done lost my mind.
but now i know. this happened when i started the biotin in march - so i shoulda figured it out. also i started working out too and added protein shakes so.......

needless to say i cant do my much needed touch up on sat'day (8weeks) cause i got a sore scalp.

Sherry i think ima try rubbing some aloe on it too. i gat some in da fridge.

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
is that what this is??.. well last nite i could not stop itching my head. i was like going crazy - i asked hubby to look on my scalp if he saw any flakes or anything. he said my scalp was as clean as a whistle. ok... i scratched and started to see red on my nails and so changed to patting (to the point of banging)
and screamed at him to look again - telling him he was not looking good.

anyways, my head also felt like it was 'growing' yeah the scalp just felt like it was kinda pumping up and down.

sorry to be so descriptive. but this post is so ontime - i thought id done lost my mind.
but now i know. this happened when i started the biotin in march - so i shoulda figured it out. also i started working out too and added protein shakes so.......

needless to say i cant do my much needed touch up on sat'day (8weeks) cause i got a sore scalp.

Sherry i think ima try rubbing some aloe on it too. i gat some in da fridge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try to spare your poor scalp and HAPPY GROWING!!!!!

Lecaste

[ QUOTE ]
I was wondering if this has anything to with the thicker hair texture pushing through the scalp....

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, one of my first posts here was on this very subject and I theorized the same thing!
The hair at my crown grows in really thick and really fast and, boy, do I feel it when it really gets to going! Very interesting!

Well, at least we know that we aren't alone.

Lecaste

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was wondering if this has anything to with the thicker hair texture pushing through the scalp....

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, one of my first posts here was on this very subject and I theorized the same thing!
The hair at my crown grows in really thick and really fast and, boy, do I feel it when it really gets to going! Very interesting!

Well, at least we know that we aren't alone.

Lecaste

[/ QUOTE ]

True that.....

S

Stylepink

I have the same thing happen to me. Of course, when my husband checks my hair he sees nothing on my scalp. He gets mad at me for scratching too hard and says instead of using my nails to scratch I should use the tips of my fingers. Sometimes I cool the itch by spritzing water or putting aloe gel on it.

Peachtree

Yeah, I'm going through that phase now
....every spring / summer, as usual. This summer i'm experiencing a ton more itching, cuz of the "thicker" hair pushing through...(due to the vitamins I'm sure). Thank goodness it's relly soft though.

But anyway, at Brownie's advice, I purchased some Fantasia Tea Tree Naturals Aloe Enriched Intensive Conditioner, & omg, what a relief
. A few of it's ingredients are: castor oil, aloe vera gel, rosemary oil, peppermint oil, tea tree oil, lavender oil, wheat germ oil, jojoba oil, + more. It cost $5.49 at a local BSS. It works sooo well at relieving the itchies that i'm thinking of buying the shampoo & scalp serum too.

Here's a pic