Gray hair

Tootuff

This might be a stupid question but I honestly don't know the answer.

Does the existing hair on your head turn gray or does new hair grow in gray. I am noticing gray hairs and because of their location I can't tell if the entire stand is gray or just the just the root. I almost never wear my hair straight and I think it's more noticeable now that it is.

TIA.

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
For me, existing hairs turn gray, because I can pull out a strand that is black and gray...gray closest to the roots.

dlewis

For me, existing hairs turn gray, because I can pull out a strand that is black and gray...gray closest to the roots.

So it's growing in gray. It's not just turning gray...like the black hair turned gray. :yep: (that didn't sound good but it's said with a smile)

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
So it's growing in gray. It's not just turning gray...like the black hair turned gray. :yep: (that didn't sound good but it's said with a smile)

I guess we meant the same thing, I just didn't read the question correctly :lol: Do you have a lot of grays? I do...

dlewis

I guess we meant the same thing, I just didn't read the question correctly :lol: Do you have a lot of grays? I do...

I do:yep:, Dh keeps bugging me about dying it.:nono:

Him "when you are gonna dye your hair"
me "When are you gonna grow your hair back"

Tootuff

They grow in gray.

Well if they grow in gray they sure grow much faster than my normal color hair. If I turn completely gray I will be waist length in no time :lachen::lachen:.

They are much coarser(sp?) than my regular hair too :sad:. They have a mind of their own.

Tootuff

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Ok D you need to put that on the 'was i wrong' thread.

If I dye it will it make it like the rest of my hair, as far a texture? Cause right now they are not.

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Ok D you need to put that on the 'was i wrong' thread.

If I dye it will it make it like the rest of my hair, as far a texture? Cause right now they are not.

No, the texture will remain the same...my greys are also really tough and thick and wiry. I always joke that I will look like Don King when I get older :lol: Wiry hair all over the place!

Tootuff

No, the texture will remain the same...my greys are also really tough and thick and wiry. I always joke that I will look like Don King when I get older :lol: Wiry hair all over the place!

:lachen:

I guess I will just leave it alone then. It will turn orange when I henna :nono:.

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
:lachen:

I guess I will just leave it alone then. It will turn orange when I henna :nono:.

That's why I had to stop henna-ing. The hair turned more and more orange. Not very pretty! Nowadays I just use semi-permanent hair colors every now and then. They aren't messy and it's really quickly done. :)

mscocoface

I am doing either black rinsing or henna/Indigo.

Me and the grays are still at war. I know it is a losing fight I just have to decide when I will quit and just let them be.

I am NOT there yet!

Tootuff

I am doing either black rinsing or henna/Indigo.

Me and the grays are still at war. I know it is a losing fight I just have to decide when I will quit and just let them be.

I am NOT there yet!

If I could find a way to do the indigo without the mess I would but I spent hours cleaning my shower last time. If I wash it in the sink it's so tangled I can't comb it :nono:. Although I love the results I can't stand the process.

Maybe in the summer I will try it again and just have DH hose me off in the yard :grin: (for real).

SplashAtl

If I could find a way to do the indigo without the mess I would but I spent hours cleaning my shower last time. If I wash it in the sink it's so tangled I can't comb it :nono:. Although I love the results I can't stand the process.

Maybe in the summer I will try it again and just have DH hose me off in the yard :grin: (for real).

Oh that Henna/Indigo is a process. I can't do it anymore. I am going to the rinses because I am allergic to hair dye. I guess I'll just have to use rinses more often. My gray would have to be right in the front. Ugh!! I am not ready to accept my gray hair yet.

StarFish106

I have had some hairs that turned gray at the BOTTTOM and the root was still black. Don't ask me why or how but some of my longer hairs (i have a few strands) have done this. And I have some that turned (but started at the root like normal)

my hair is from outer space i think..

newflowers

I am in complete denial about my grey - and there's more and more - even my eyelashes are turning grey (the reason I started wearing makeup again).

Tootuff

I am in complete denial about my grey - and there's more and more - even my eyelashes are turning grey (the reason I started wearing makeup again).

I don't have them in my eyelashes yet but I sure it's only a matter of time since DH says I have them 'down in the valley' :look:.

Moroni

OT: This is soooo funny. Husbands forget that when they look at us, we're also looking at THEM!!!! :lachen:

gn1g

My answer is both. I've seen my hair go from black to gray back to black I think it has to do with the supplements I take.

a strand or two in my eyebrows tried to turn gray also my gray is predominately my hairline. The remedy for me is to apply aloe vera gel it usually turns my hair back black in about 7-10 day.

Also chlorella keeps it from going gray.

Rinses don't work I've tried every brand and they never last more than a 4 days. The only brand that did work was bigen but bigen is the reason I found this site. My hair begin to come out like you would not believe. I think I put box color over bigen and that did it.

Not to hi-jack but if anybody finds a way to dye gray hair brown with henna please make a capital letter thread stating how you did it. I wondered if we mixed it with coffee would that work. I can't do black hair.

Ms_Ann

I have had some hairs that turned gray at the BOTTTOM and the root was still black. Don't ask me why or how but some of my longer hairs (i have a few strands) have done this. And I have some that turned (but started at the root like normal)

my hair is from outer space i think..

My hair does this too. I found hairs that look like the black color ran low during part of the growing process and then it returned further along on the strand. You can see where the color fades from black to brown to silver.

PreciousPearl

:lachen:This is killing me.

Not trying to hi jack the thread from OP, but I have a question for you ladies. I have hair that is growing in gray and hair that is turning gray. I have seen like 3 colors on a single strand; black, copper and gray. Copper may not be the right color, but it's the best description I have. It seems to turn a copper like color before turning gray. Is this normal?

SmilingElephant

I'm not getting grays yet...but i wanna know...is there a way you can care for your hair so that its a beautiful silver or snow white when u get older? I think that is SO beautiful.