gray hair

felicia

my mom wants to know what is a good brand of hair dye that won't turn grey hair green when colored.
thanks

Allandra

I like Clairol's Textures & Tones Permanent Hair Color. I use cocoa brown (has a neutral base - so I only get cocoa brown hair
) which works well for my hair.

NAY007

I really liked Garnier Nutrisse. It covered very well. But I wouldn't use it on relaxed hair. For relaxed hair I love Bigen.
As far as the hair turning green...I think you have to use a filler before ...I don't know if that's the right word. But I remember the very first time when I went to the salon to get Bigen applied my hair was highlighted and the stylist told me she had to use a filler so my hair wouldn't turn green after shampooing it several times.

mermaid

Hmmm.. I have lots of grey in my hair- with a significant patch in the front hairline above the temple. I use Clairol Nice-n-Easy, and never had any green hairs, never even knew that was a "thing"- now bleached blonde hair turning green- YIKES! That, I know about and had always been very careful and was lucky it never happened on my head!
BLONDE

BLACK

gn1g

It has to do with the base color of the dye, if she looks on the lable tell her not to get a violet base. What color does she normally wear?