Gray hair dilemma--opinions needed

Janet'

I was a premature grey-er as well!!! I feel your pain...But I am glad that you have come full circle with the coloring! Just be careful and deliberate with whatever you do!!!

Ipanema

Before^^^^^

After

That turned out great crlsweetie912 How long is it supposed to last?

nmomma

I feel your pain, I had a post up a week ago asking how often can you rinse your hair with color. Didn't get many responses. I usually rinse my hair with each relaxer but usually after 4 weeks the grays start coming back. Any one rinse their hair like every 4 to 6 weeks to cover grays?

nissi

Not sure if anyone cares :lol:, but I'm just posting for reference. I think the color was pretty damaging. It's taken almost of week of conditioner washing every day for it to even start to look moisturized, and the color is fading with each wash. And the coffee mixture actually worked a little (but I wouldn't do it again). It tinted the hair a reddish-brown, but the gray is coming back. Now I want the gray to come back so my hair can be healthy again. I don't want to get addicted to buying box kits, and I refuse to wear a wig during hot weather again, so I'm just going to let my hair be gray. Maybe.

I care Ipanema! I am subscribing, because when the LHCF crew gets togetha, we gets things done! :lol: I thought BostonMaria uses a dye from Whole Foods, hopefully she will add her :twocents: ... :yep: HHG!

faithVA

I color my hair for gray. I tried a rinse once but it left my hair hard and started rinsing out almost before I got it in. Before that I was using permanent color - Carson Soft Sheen? Not sure. It colored my hair well and after using their conditioner it left my hair feeling ok.

But a few weeks ago I colored my hair with Surya Cream Henna Color. This is a natural rinse. I was very pleased with it. I have very dry hair and this did not dry my hair out. It covered my gray.

It is a rinse. But because it is henna based and all natural, you are supposed to be able to use it when needed. My only change will be that I will leave it on a little longer next time to let the color deepen. I used a dark brown and I think leaving it on longer would have given me a fuller color.

I don't cover my gray as soon as it starts showing (lazy). But I do plan on using the rinse again in the next few weeks. I would definitely buy this again. I bought it at my local health food store but you can also get it at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Surya-Henna-70-2-31-Ounces/dp/B0007DHMH4/ref=sr_1_28?ie=UTF8&qid=1304134464&sr=8-28

JFemme

I color my hair for gray. I tried a rinse once but it left my hair hard and started rinsing out almost before I got it in. Before that I was using permanent color - Carson Soft Sheen? Not sure. It colored my hair well and after using their conditioner it left my hair feeling ok.

But a few weeks ago I colored my hair with Surya Cream Henna Color. This is a natural rinse. I was very pleased with it. I have very dry hair and this did not dry my hair out. It covered my gray.

It is a rinse. But because it is henna based and all natural, you are supposed to be able to use it when needed. My only change will be that I will leave it on a little longer next time to let the color deepen. I used a dark brown and I think leaving it on longer would have given me a fuller color.

I don't cover my gray as soon as it starts showing (lazy). But I do plan on using the rinse again in the next few weeks. I would definitely buy this again. I bought it at my local health food store but you can also get it at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Surya-Henna-7...H4/ref=sr_1_28?ie=UTF8&qid=1304134464&sr=8-28

I have several boxes of this color. :look: Your + review has sparked my curiosity, so Imma use one next go round...

thanks...:grin:

faithVA

I have several boxes of this color. :look: Your + review has sparked my curiosity, so Imma use one next go round...

thanks...:grin:

Please let us know how it turns out. I tried to get my mom to use it to get a 2nd opinion but no dice.

Oh and I also like that I don't have to mix it so I can reuse the rest. I couldn't do that with the other colors I was using. 1x use and then have to throw it away.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Subbing as a fellow skunk line in twa issue. I'm scared of henna and am looking for a good rinse recommendation.:look:

BostonMaria

I care @Ipanema! I am subscribing, because when the LHCF crew gets togetha, we gets things done! :lol: I thought @BostonMaria uses a dye from Whole Foods, hopefully she will add her :twocents: ... :yep: HHG!

nissi
Yes you're right, I use Tints of Nature which I get at either Whole Foods or The Vitamin Shoppe. Its expensive ($15-$20) compared to the ones at CVS but I think its worth it. Is it really all natural? My guess is probably not even though its supposedly plant based. I hafta pick my poison! LOL And Tints of Nature so far has not caused any issues. I think I've been using it for about 2 years.