God's Supernatural Grace

PinkPebbles

God's Supernatural Grace....

2 Corinthians 8:9-9
8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work.

2 Corinthians 12:9
9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.

1. If you have peace in the midst of trials and tribulations that is God's grace.

2. If you still have joy after all that you've been through that is God's grace.

3. If you have overcome any past sins that was God's grace.

4. If God has placed a hedge of protection around you that is God's grace.

5. If God opened doors that were once closed that was God's grace.

6. If you can overcome evil with good that is God's grace.

7. If you have salvation that is God's grace.

8. If you are able to endure until the end that is God's grace.

Heavenly Father, if any of us lacks any good thing, give us an outpouring of your supernatural grace in Jesus name. Amen.

PinkPebbles

Three aspects of God's grace that is given to us...
Author Steve Shepherd

When people are touched by the grace of God they become gracious people.

1. Saving Grace -
Paul speaks of God who has saved us and called us to a holy life not because of anything we have done but because of His own purpose and grace. This grace was given to us in Christ Jesus. II Timothy 1:9

When the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, He saved us - not because of the righteous things we had done, but because of His mercy.

For it is by grace that you have been saved through faith, and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God, not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph. 2:8-9

2. Sustaining Grace -
When the going gets tough that's when we lean on the grace of God. The smartest thing to do is ask God for help whether it's for peace, joy, a job, healing, forgiveness, comfort, protection, self-control, hope, deliverance, restoration, reconciliation, truth, wisdom, knowledge, etc.

The grace of God can sustain us through it all if we will let Him.

Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. Heb. 4:16

3. Sanctifying Grace -
For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say NO to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in this present age. Titus 2:11-12

This process should start when we come in contact with God's grace and surrender our lives to Jesus Christ.

Without Jesus Christ in our lives there will be no grace. The grace of God should motivate us to live right. It should be a controlling power in our lives.

Thank God for His amazing grace that is available to all. It is by surrendering to His powerful grace that we all can become better than we used to be! Amen.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
PinkPebbles, this ties in with Romans 5:20
Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound

I know this to mean that no matter how great sin was in a person's life, God's Grace was greater and that His Grace is sufficient to overcome sin. There is a finality to it, with repentance. Past tense. God's Grace is power to overcome anything. It can increase and be maintained with praise, prayer, reading His Word and fasting. :yep:

I've seen this Scripture used to express that it's a license to sin over and over, with God being there to forgive each time we sin. That's abuse of His Grace. If we love Him, we won't continually (willfully/consciously) sin.

PinkPebbles

@PinkPebbles, this ties in with Romans 5:20
Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound

I know this to mean that no matter how great sin was in a person's life, God's Grace was greater and that His Grace is sufficient to overcome sin. There is a finality to it, with repentance. Past tense. God's Grace is power to overcome anything. It can increase and be maintained with praise, prayer, reading His Word and fasting. :yep:

I've seen this Scripture used to express that it's a license to sin over and over, with God being there to forgive each time we sin. That's abuse of His Grace. If we love Him, we won't continually (willfully/consciously) sin.

@Laela ITA!

@ the bolded is key - grace gives us the “power to overcome anything.” I truly believe the power to overcome is what's lacking in our teaching.

I have been studying and asking God to give me an understanding of what His grace truly means, and the Lord has opened up my eyes. God has shown me in His word and through life experiences that His grace truly means for Him to empower, strengthen, and anoint the Believer to either overcome or persevere in mind, body, soul, or spirit.

Also, I realized that believers are so quick to equate grace with sin….but it's so much more than that.

I listened to one of Beth Moore’s sermons and she touched on God’s grace. She said what may be natural for one may be the supernatural for the other. And the supernatural is God’s grace.

It maybe natural for one couple to conceive children but not natural for the other couple, but when that couple goes boldly to the throne of grace with their petition, God’s grace grant them their request. (Ex. Hannah & Elizabeth.)

Last edited: