Getting Senegalese Twists on 5-5-07

Mook's hair

Print that picture and take it with you.
Don't let them braid your edges too tight.
Get some African Royale Braid Spray (black owned company) -
Don't get African Pride(not - black owned company/)

Spray your scalp with the spray when you're twists are done. it will feel good on your scalp.

I also suggest reading the Braid Regimen on growafrohairlong.com
This will tell you about washing your braids. There is some valuable info.:grin:

baby42

Ouch said:
I'm real excited about it. My aunt's taking me to the place where she gets her braiding done. I want to go in with my own products (ORS's tea tree oil & moinsturizing lotion) and I'm not too keen about getting my hair blow dried but I dont want to offend anybody. :( :(

I'm hoping it turns out like this...
http://www.braidsinc.com/gallery/senegalese1.JPG I TAKE MY ALL MY OWN PRODUCTS AND COMB BECAUSE IF NOT THEY WILL USE THE RATAIL ONE:eek: AND I COMB OUT MY SELF AND TELL THEM DONT USE HEAT PLEASE AND NOT TO TIGHT AND USE MY NATURES BLESSING OR LR IF THEY ARE OFFEND THEY DONT SAY ANY THING TO ME:lol: :lol: JUST MAKE SURE THEY DO WHAT YOU WANT THEM TO DO ONLY OH BY THE WAY I LIKE SENGALEESE I ALSO DO A PROTEIN TREATMEMT AND A GOOD DEEP CON BEFOR I DO BRAIDS AND I KEEP THEM MOIS EVERY DAY

Gorgeous!!!

Anyone got any do's and dont'

Last edited:

Ouch

Thanks. I printed the pic out and now I can't stop staring at it The twists are sooo beautiful. And yes, I do plan on bringing items with me. My aunt says they might put mousse on it when its done. I'm against that too. Paranoid its going to mess up the natural part of my hair or something.

Harina

those are sooooo gorgeous. i had senegalese twists twice, but they were much bigger. i think i might get these the next time i do some twists. put up some pictures when you have your hair twisted.