Getting another install today + Hair Brand (pic heavy)

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
your stylist does lovely work, and i feel what you're sayin' about those who do their own hair being easier to trust.
that blow-dried pic of your hair is hot-you should definitely wear that out after you take down the install!

KynniB

i dont like weaves but i think im going to get one now. 3 mos later and it looked that good? Wow.

Ediese

WOW!! Thanks for the pics and info. It looks great as always. You're making me want to try out a straight install again, but I'm trying to shy away from heat. No matter what I do I get split ends when I straighten. Please pm me her info. I LOVE her installs. She's great with straight and curly hair judging from the pics. WOW again!! She cuts really well too! She reminds me of LeToya Luckett from Destiny's Child...very pretty! I am definitely going to use her next month. Good looking out Nichi!

Last edited:

Mystic

Subscribing to this thread..., thanks!

Your new weave looks very nice also, your stylist is very talented. But maybe because I am seeing only one angle, I prefer the first install though, it truly was da bomb. But like you said, maybe after the fisrt wash, it will look as natural as the first weave; Your stylist is hot, and so are all the people in the pics.

Girl, I am all up in your business, but do you have an exercise regimen? You look awesome..., slim and trim.

Kneechay

Subscribing to this thread..., thanks!

Your new weave looks very nice also, your stylist is very talented. But maybe because I am seeing only one angle, I prefer the first install though, it truly was da bomb. But like you said, maybe after the fisrt wash, it will look as natural as the first weave; Your stylist is hot, and so are all the people in the pics.

Girl, I am all up in your business, but do you have an exercise regimen? You look awesome..., slim and trim.

Hey Mystic, and thanks! That's why I usually dont post first day or or even before first wash pics. I assure you, the first day hair looks so new and so shiny. Also, my hair that's out is freshly washed and ironed so it's shiny too and meshes really well so you can't even tell which is which. I was anti straight sew-in until after the first wash that then begins to look more textured and natural. I'm almost tempted to go wash now...

but i digress. here is the pic of the first day of the last install, it's a phone pic:

(excuse the size & tired face) it's a dull pic so you can't really tell how super shiny this first day hair was.

Here it is later that same first day:

it looked wiggy to me also. i disliked the curls, i didn't post this pic because i was discouraged & didn't want to discourage you all. I let the curls fall and it started looking a bit better, then even better after the first wash. I expect the same for this sew in and i'm ignoring the initial weave shine. Notice how different it began to look.

On another note, I don't exercise. I just eat. I know that doesnt help, but im just being honest. I've been skinny (underweight in my opinion) since I've known and I dont like it. Most can't tell I'm 25. It's really just i take after dad and he's tiny. I used to be a hardcore athlete back in the day, with track, basketball and gymnastics, but those just toned me. The only workout i get is walking to the fridge or chewing.

WOW!! Thanks for the pics and info. It looks great as always. You're making me want to try out a straight install again, but I'm trying to shy away from heat. No matter what I do I get split ends when I straighten. Please pm me her info. I LOVE her installs. She's great with straight and curly hair judging from the pics. WOW again!! She cuts really well too! She reminds me of LeToya Luckett from Destiny's Child...very pretty! I am definitely going to use her next month. Good looking out Nichi!

I only have straight install because it's what i got used to. I seriosuly wanted to try a Teyanna Taylor style install, or something huge and curly but I chickened out. I wanted something I could easier manipulate into looking more realistic so I stuck with straight. Yeah, Tinnell does cut VERY well. She can do real hair also that's why. She's has natural hair also. She's 25, a very cool chick and lives 10 minutes away from me. She's also just a fun person to hang out with, so it's always a great convo while she's doing hair.

your stylist does lovely work, and i feel what you're sayin' about those who do their own hair being easier to trust.
that blow-dried pic of your hair is hot-you should definitely wear that out after you take down the install!

She is very skilled. Girl, you do NOT want me walking around with that damp blowout! It's all uneven, I cant even wear wash and gos because I cut it all uneven a while back in an attempt to get rid of relaxed/straight ends. I looked a mess! You're trying to set me up for failure. :lachen:. I would rock a high pony/puff from that though, just not all crazy. My dad told me even I needed to go 'gather your hair up." lol

-guys, sory for being picture heavy, but i feel i need to be thorough when i try to explain stuff. i'm a believer of show rather than tell and I hope you ladies dont mind.

Last edited:
My daughter wants a sew-in and I have been reluctant to let her get one. But now looking at your hair....I might have to change my mind! Your hair looks very nice!

ellehair

I lovs all the pics.. you make me want to get a sew in.. But im so scared of the after effects and the thinning hair.. it happens to me every time like clockwork!

Mystic

Thanks for taking the time to explain everything so thoroughly and explicitly. I now TOTALLY agree with everything you say. Your new install even now look better than the 1st day pic of your old weave. I didn't even know that weave could get so much better looking the longer you keep it in. Your pictures demonstrating this is so invaluable - thanks a mill.

Girl, you make me want a straight weave so bad!!!:grin:

Hey Mystic, and thanks! That's why I usually dont post first day or or even before first wash pics. I assure you, the first day hair looks so new and so shiny. Also, my hair that's out is freshly washed and ironed so it's shiny too and meshes really well so you can't even tell which is which. I was anti straight sew-in until after the first wash that then begins to look more textured and natural. I'm almost tempted to go wash now...

but i digress. here is the pic of the first day of the last install, it's a phone pic:

(excuse the size & tired face) it's a dull pic so you can't really tell how super shiny this first day hair was.

Here it is later that same first day:

it looked wiggy to me also. i disliked the curls, i didn't post this pic because i was discouraged & didn't want to discourage you all. I let the curls fall and it started looking a bit better, then even better after the first wash. I expect the same for this sew in and i'm ignoring the initial weave shine. Notice how different it began to look.

On another note, I don't exercise. I just eat. I know that doesnt help, but im just being honest. I've been skinny (underweight in my opinion) since I've known and I dont like it. Most can't tell I'm 25. It's really just i take after dad and he's tiny. I used to be a hardcore athlete back in the day, with track, basketball and gymnastics, but those just toned me. The only workout i get is walking to the fridge or chewing.

-guys, sory for being picture heavy, but i feel i need to be thorough when i try to explain stuff. i'm a believer of show rather than tell and I hope you ladies dont mind.

cmw45

DAMN! She's fierce! I wish I lived in Houston. I would stay weaved up.

The new install looks great! If I new mine could look like that I would be sooooo tempted. My only probably is I am afraid about the amount of heat that I would have to put on my hair to get it to match. I'm also trying to get my sides and front to grow out and catch up with the back so I would be afraid they wouldn't progress as much.

Now, if I can just find someone to do a good fullhead I'll be in business...and I would show them your photo for reference:grin::look:

ETA: I just saw the last photos...You and all of your friends are gorgeous!

Also, um...er...does she have youtubes or a fotki? She does amazing work!

Last edited:

Kneechay

Thanks for taking the time to explain everything so thoroughly and explicitly. I now TOTALLY agree with everything you say. Your new install even now look better than the 1st day pic of your old weave. I didn't even know that weave could get so much better looking the longer you keep it in. Your pictures demonstrating this is so invaluable - thanks a mill.

Girl, you make me want a straight weave so bad!!!:grin:

Cool, thanks for understanding. You see what I mean and i'm glad. I dont know how happy I'd be if the weave looked all shiny and wiggy as the first day all throughout. I'm gonna wait a few days then wash. Ill keep you guys updated.

DAMN! She's fierce! I wish I lived in Houston. I would stay weaved up.

The new install looks great! If I new mine could look like that I would be sooooo tempted. My only probably is I am afraid about the amount of heat that I would have to put on my hair to get it to match. I'm also trying to get my sides and front to grow out and catch up with the back so I would be afraid they wouldn't progress as much.

Now, if I can just find someone to do a good fullhead I'll be in business...and I would show them your photo for reference:grin::look:

ETA: I just saw the last photos...You and all of your friends are gorgeous!

Also, um...er...does she have youtubes or a fotki? She does amazing work!

She does full head on hers and other people. I just didnt want for me, i am insecure with my forehead. She has full head on most of hers. Ask around people in your area to see who's doing a good job on weaves. I also heard of this woman, Reneice in the DMV area whos known for growth with weaves through her technique also: http://www.reniece.com/portfolio.html - make sure to fully peruse her site.

Unfortunately, she doesn't own a fotki. She's too busy that she hasnt had time to make it. I'm building her website soon, she focuses on makeup artistry also and I'll let yall know when it drops. Thanks for all the sweet compliments, y'all are the nicest people ever! Come hang with us in Houston!

phyl73

She did a really good job. My sew ins never look that good. I do wear it straight back all the time though. I would love to wear a style like that curly so that I wouldn't have to straighten my hair.

Duchesse

Looks great! Your hair and outfits!

I'm looking to weave it up this fall, but I'm having a hard time finding someone who doesn't make the weave look too thick on the head.

FeelinIt

Thanks Nichi for that info. I'll be sending her a text tomorrow. I'll try to remember to post pics after it is done!

trendsetta25

i agree with everyone...im an aspiring weavologist...and if i lived in Houston i would pay her to teach me:yep:....she really needs to create a youtube channel or have a site....please let us know when she gets either...your hair is flawless girl...just flawless!!!!
the skills she has on her own head is unbelievable!!! :worship2:

Kudos all around man!!! :clap:

Kneechay

looks great, you really kept it nice!
ps. im loving u and homegirls shoes in that second pic.

thanks! DSW sales, chick!

Looks great! Your hair and outfits!

I'm looking to weave it up this fall, but I'm having a hard time finding someone who doesn't make the weave look too thick on the head.

Yeah just find someone who doesnt braid too big. THe first day or so it may look thicker but it'll die down and look and feel bette
r...

Thanks Nichi for that info. I'll be sending her a text tomorrow. I'll try to remember to post pics after it is done!

Good luck, if you get yours done, i'd LOVE to see pics. This is exciting.

Kneechay

i agree with everyone...im an aspiring weavologist...and if i lived in Houston i would pay her to teach me:yep:....she really needs to create a youtube channel or have a site....please let us know when she gets either...your hair is flawless girl...just flawless!!!!
the skills she has on her own head is unbelievable!!! :worship2:

Kudos all around man!!! :clap:
yeah, so today i decided im going to learn to do sew ins. I've already gotten down cornrowing. I have a weird desire to learn how to do everything on my own that i like. my friends have agreed to be guinea pigs. Im going to cornrow on my moms head too. i want to perfect it, get a safe, good braid pattern and learn how to layer. Since we started our hair care line in Nigeria, I'm bent on being skilled in something else.

Nicchi you are gorgeous and the weave is very flattering :yep:

Wow, i am absolutely in awe how sweet you guys are. Thanks so much, JNSQ!

here are more pics, and the style is settling in. I'm gonna put the pic side by side to my real hair to see the difference and color match

my own hair a couple days ago

today. front & back

Last edited:

Mystic

WOW!! Beautiful, and very natural looking. Can't tell it's a weave.

here are more pics, and the style is settling in. I'm gonna put the pic side by side to my real hair to see the difference and color match

today. front & back

Vonnieluvs08

Your hair looks great!!! I love the naturalness of the weave. Your stylist did an awesome job. How long are you going to keep it?

loolalooh

I'm not normally into sewins (especially after my last experience) but this is FIERCE!! I loved the previous install on you and hope this next one goes well.

Gibsongal

You're very pretty. That looks so good on you! Absolutely gorgeous install. Love the outfits too. Now I want go shopping andget a sew-in.:drunk:Thanks for sharing girl.

loolalooh

Cool, thanks for understanding. You see what I mean and i'm glad. I dont know how happy I'd be if the weave looked all shiny and wiggy as the first day all throughout. I'm gonna wait a few days then wash. Ill keep you guys updated.

She does full head on hers and other people. I just didnt want for me, i am insecure with my forehead. She has full head on most of hers. Ask around people in your area to see who's doing a good job on weaves. I also heard of this woman, Reneice in the DMV area whos known for growth with weaves through her technique also: http://www.reniece.com/portfolio.html - make sure to fully peruse her site.

Unfortunately, she doesn't own a fotki. She's too busy that she hasnt had time to make it. I'm building her website soon, she focuses on makeup artistry also and I'll let yall know when it drops. Thanks for all the sweet compliments, y'all are the nicest people ever! Come hang with us in Houston!

I'll check the other pages to see if this was already answered but who's the weavologist? I'm in the Houston area and might consider going to her. :grinwink: