Gels that are sweat proof

Lilmama1011

Is there a such thing, because I use curls passion fruit control paste and it makes my edges so sleek, when i'm not sweating! I just put some on and it was so sleek(I'm 11 weeks post) and when I went outside to watch a foot ball game it's like I never applied it. Do I have to live with the fact that when it's hot and I'm sweating in almost direct heat I mind as well not put gel or anything to slick my edges?

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Lilmama1011 said:
I got that as well , I got the argan oil one, and when I put it on at night and put on scarf I had to reapply in the morning

I think the paste type and cream type gels are the ones that sweat. Or the ones like let's jam.

Why did you have to reapply the Eco? Was your head a little fuzzy when you woke up? I haven't tried that one but I use the olive oil Eco and I haven't had any issues besides dryness when I use too much.

BraunSugar

I got that as well , I got the argan oil one, and when I put it on at night and put on scarf I had to reapply in the morning

Really??? It makes my hair like a brick until I rinse w/a lot of water or wash. The one with the stiffest hold for me was the Eco Crystal. I know that the Argan Oil one also has a hold of 10 but the Crystal one has an even firmer hold. That's really the strongest holding brand I know of off the top of my head.

gforceroy

That argan oil one says it has 10 hold but from my experience the hold isn't good enough for my hair. Try the crystal or the olive oil ones.. those two leave my hair in place.

Iluvsmuhgrass

That's wild. The olive Eco-styler has less hold for me than the argan. I apply on wet hair and tie it down for about 10-15 minutes while I get dressed, put on make up, etc. By the time I'm done, I take off the scarf and voila! I'm good to go.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
The krystal clear Ecostyler gives solid hold. I find the argan and olive oil ones give somewhat of a soft hold.

Ogoma

That Eco Argan is like a brick. It scares me. I prefer the blue - holds it down without feeling like my hair is coming out.

KurlyNinja

If you want more hold than argan oil eco or olive oil eco (BTW, which both have superb hold), then you better stop playin and pull out that Eco Protein Gel

BAM!

yes... the brown gel. :look:

GeorginaSparks

Really??? It makes my hair like a brick until I rinse w/a lot of water or wash. The one with the stiffest hold for me was the Eco Crystal. I know that the Argan Oil one also has a hold of 10 but the Crystal one has an even firmer hold. That's really the strongest holding brand I know of off the top of my head.
yeah i like the blue for moveable hair but i have to reapply on my edges daily.

If you want more hold than argan oil eco or olive oil eco (BTW, which both have superb hold), then you better stop playin and pull out that Eco Protein Gel

BAM!

Im going to have to pick this up

shortt29

Lilmama1011 said:
Is there a such thing, because I use curls passion fruit control paste and it makes my edges so sleek, when i'm not sweating! I just put some on and it was so sleek(I'm 11 weeks post) and when I went outside to watch a foot ball game it's like I never applied it. Do I have to live with the fact that when it's hot and I'm sweating in almost direct heat I mind as well not put gel or anything to slick my edges?

Had this same issue myself yesterday and I used ORS Edge Control, Curls Passion Fruit Paste AND Argan Eco styler!!! My edges were laid like a fresh relaxer and I'm 6 mos post...after being outside in that heat I had a halo of curly/fuzzy hair around my edges :( but I didn't worry about it much since I was getting in the pool. Will try again today since it is cooler and see if I can at least pull this off in the cooler months

GeorginaSparks

Had this same issue myself yesterday and I used ORS Edge Control, Curls Passion Fruit Paste AND Argan Eco styler!!! My edges were laid like a fresh relaxer and I'm 6 mos post...after being outside in that heat I had a halo of curly/fuzzy hair around my edges :( but I didn't worry about it much since I was getting in the pool. Will try again today since it is cooler and see if I can at least pull this off in the cooler months

I think I threw my ORS edge control away. Im scared of the stories i read about it breaking off edges. For soft hold, i prefer the Keracare edge stuff.

I have the Argan and Blue Eco now do you guy suggest getting the protein one or the krystal? Which has the strongest hold?

shortt29

shockolate said:
I think I threw my ORS edge control away. Im scared of the stories i read about it breaking off edges. For soft hold, i prefer the Keracare edge stuff.

I have the Argan and Blue Eco now do you guy suggest getting the protein one or the krystal? Which has the strongest hold?

I haven't noticed any breakage on my edges...probably because they are already tore up :) they are actually growing in quite nicely with the use of oils. The ORS help lay them down...I will be on the lookout for breakage though...thanks a bunch for the warning!!! :)

I only use the Argan and blue Eco styler as well so I don't know much about the others...

GeorginaSparks

BAM!

The brown gel is the TRUTH. I got the Krystal and my edges laughed at it as soon as water hit my hair and it had little white specks :nono:. So i went to exchange it for the brown and i LOVE it. :yep:

MsDes

I love Wet Line Xtreme Gel. It's a staple for me. Gives me a strong hold without making my hair flake and feel too hard. And it's really cheap. I get mine from Sally's.