Forgot my satin cap!?!? Anyone use shower caps?

L.Mo.

I'm away on business, staying in a hotel for the next two night. I just realized that I forgot my satin sleeping cap! Do you think I can sleep in a shower cap? They have some in the bathroom. Will it make my head too moist or hot?
confused.gif

I just finished a CON wash and braided my hair in plaits for a braid-out tomorrow. My hair is semi-dry.

I slept in a shower cap back in middle school and my pressed hair was a big afro when I woke up.... I was not too happy

L.Mo., for a braid-out, a plastic cap should work fine. Just make sure you have ample time in the morning to let some of the moisture evaporate before undoing your braids. Sleeping with a plastic cap is something I do more often than not. But my hair is in braids so no afro here. I can tell you my hair LURVES the treatment. I don't lose any moisture to my pillow-case or scarf, and my hair gets a perfect moisture infusion. If I don't have a plastic cap handy, Saran wrap works perfectly.
smile.gif

There's a thread that discussed the pros and cons of sleeping in a plastic cap. Check it out:
Plastic Caps, Anyone?

I'd probably just throw a couple of satin panties on my head....turning the top one around to cover the leg holes of the bottom one. lol

Are you mad L.Mo?
nuts.gif
Put the shower cap down and back away from it...slowly. If you sleep in a shower cap, your hair will be wet in the morning from persperation. Thee slip idea sounds like a good idea, that or go the nite without a cap and buy one tomorrow.

[ QUOTE ]
alireno said:
Maybe if you have a slip you can wrap that around your pillow and sleep on it.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a great idea.
up.gif

[ QUOTE ]
CurlyCrly said:
I'd probably just throw a couple of satin panties on my head....turning the top one around to cover the leg holes of the bottom one. lol

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
alireno said:
Maybe if you have a slip you can wrap that around your pillow and sleep on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a great idea! I've used my satin nightie many a time and it works!!

[ QUOTE ]
CurlyCrly said:

[/ QUOTE ]
laugh.gif
RONFL!!
laugh.gif
You're all killing me!!

[ QUOTE ]
Cat_Eyed_Cutie said:
Are you mad L.Mo?
nuts.gif
Put the shower cap down and back away from it...slowly. If you sleep in a shower cap, your hair will be wet in the morning from persperation. Thee slip idea sounds like a good idea, that or go the nite without a cap and buy one tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

That's what I thought too! Well, as an update, I got too tired to wait for any responses, so I went to sleep with the cap on!!

To be truthful, I had a horrible sleep, 'cause I was worried about what condition my hair would be in the next day. In the middle of the night, I took the cap off.

Well, this morning, my hair was softer than ever before! I thought that maybe it was attributed to the soft water of the hotel! Now that I see the thread from Nonie, I guess not!! It was the shower cap!

I'm willing to give it a whirl again tonight -- I'll poke holes in the cap first. I don't have to leave my room until 10:30 am tomorrow, so there should be lots of time after I wake up to "dry out". There was condensation in the cap in the morning (even though it had been off half the night -- gee, my head produces a lot of moisture). Definitely not recommended for a straight style.

BTW, I am
nuts.gif
! This morning, sitting on the top of my clothes in my suitcase... my beloved satin cap. How could I have missed it??!?!??!

I SWEAR it wasn't there last night!!
laugh.gif

Back